About Me

My photo
Amherst, NH, United States
I am 25 years old and I live in NH. I have mild cerebal palsy but I have never let that affect me. I am very passionate about theatre and writing. For my professional theatre blog go to http://theatretechdiva.weebly.com

Friday, June 10, 2011

Guys and Dolls Press Release

Guys and Dolls to start off Interlakes Summer Theatre 2011 Season
By Janine Leffler



Interlakes Summer Theatre opens their 2011 Summer Season on June 21st with the classic musical Guys and Dolls. The show features Katie Clark as Miss Adelaide, Cary Mitchell as Nathan Detroit, Caitlin Mesiano as Sarah Brown and Matt Zimmerman as Sky Masterson.

Meisano is very excited about playing the role of Sarah Brown, “So often actors who tackle this role, fall into the ingĂ©nue trap and she can seem rather two dimensional. I think there is so much more depth to her character that I can't wait to bring to life. I've found that she is not just your ordinary "goody two-shoes," but that she has a real fire in her.” Mesiano went on to say “This show is so special, too because it presents us with so many of the same challenges we face today; for example falling for the wrong person, then obsessing over how they wouldn't be wrong if you could only change and mold them into what you want them to be. But as we learn time and time again, you can't change people. This lesson of acceptance has really stood the test of time, and I think it's why so many people can relate to the characters in this show.”

The Meredith Bay Colony Club is the proud community sponsor of the Interlakes Summer Theatre and it's production of "Guys and Dolls".

Guys and Dolls will be performed June 21st-July 3rd at Interlakes Summer Theatre, 1 Laker Lane in Meredith. Show times are Thursday-Saturday 7:30pm with matinees on Wednesday and Sunday at 2:30pm. Please note; due to the auditorium being booked, there will be no matinee on Wednesday June 22nd for Guys and Dolls. Come out and enjoy this classic musical in our lovely air conditioned auditorium!


EDIT: The showtimes listed above are incorrect. The correct ones are Tuesday- Saturday 7:30pm Sunday at 7pn and Wednesday and Thursday matiness at 2pm. My deepest apolpgies for comfusion this may cause to anyone.

No comments:

Followers