About Me

My photo
Amherst, NH, United States
I am 25 years old and I live in NH. I have mild cerebal palsy but I have never let that affect me. I am very passionate about theatre and writing. For my professional theatre blog go to http://theatretechdiva.weebly.com

Thursday, March 31, 2011

American Idol Elton John Week Recap

So last week I bypassed watching American Idol due to illness. Thankfully I am on the mend so my singing voice will be in tip top shape for the play (and karaoke on Friday night). Side note: 15 (almost 14) days til Music Man opening night! Last week the judge's save was used on Casey and they made a good choice by saving him. The other people who were in the bottom 3 were Thia and Stefano. Tomorrow night I will miss the results show because of rehearsal. Since it is double elimination this week I will predict two people to go home one boy and one girl. This week the contestants took on the song book of Sir Elton John and I do believe a majority of the songs done tonight were done great justice. Elton John is one of my favorite singers. I did not become familiar with him until the 90s when he did the music for the Lion King and have been a fan of his music since that point. Thus some of the songs tonight were not that familiar to me. Top Tier Performances
Rated either 9 or 10 *Haylee's performance is on the cusp between 8.5 and 9 Casey Song: Your Song Rating 9 Comments: A total 180 degree turn from a so-so performance last week. Definitley showed his softer side *Haylee Song: Bennie and The Jets See notation above for rating Comments: This was one of my favorite performances of the night. She totally commanded the stage and her rendition of the song was phenonminal Jacob Song: Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word Rating 10 Comments: Four words sum up his performance. Flawless. Emotional. Powerful. Riveting. That is all I really need to say. James Song: Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting Rating 9 Comments: Perfect song choice for him. It brought out his rocker attitude and he had good connection with the audience. America is totally farsighted if they don't vote him through to the next round. Lauren Song: Candle In The Wind Rating 9 Comments: By far one of her best performances. She showed amazing artistry with this piece. I was really impressed with how welll she did. Pia and Scotty both got 10s... as for the most part they have been consistantly getting since the beginning of the season. I missed the title of song that Pia chose but as always her performance was flawless. Scotty sang Country Comfort.. one of the songs I am not familiar with. It really fit his country style well and I enjoyed his peformance.
Middle Tier Peformances
Rated between 7 and 8 * Stefano is on the cusp between 6.5 and 7.

Naimia


Song: I'm Still Standing


Rating 8


Comments: Not too familiar with this song. Thought her reggee twist on it was very creative. I feel this song is very appropriate given all that is going on in the world right now between the war in Afghanistan, the civil unrest in Libya and the rest of the Middle East and what is going on in Japan with the people there recovering from the earthquake and Tsuanami


Stefano


See above notation for rating


Song: Tiny Dancer


Comments: Not sure if cared too much for this song choice. A more upbeat song would have been a better chouce for him.. perhaps Crocodile Rock. There were a few notes that were off key but otherwise it was a good rendition.

Thia Song Daniel Rating 8 Comments: Thought she did better then she did with Colors of The Wind. Very powerful and moving. I almost cried.

Bottom Tier


Rated Between 4 and 6


Paul


Song: Rocket Man


Rating 5.5


Comments: I was very underwhelmed by this performances. Performances in previous weeks have been better. He could be in dager of going home.


Who I voted for: Haylee and Scotty



Results


Bottom 3: Naima Paul Thia


Who went home Thia and Naima


My thoughts: It should have been Paul because his performance was really weak in my opinion,

No comments:

Followers