About Me

My photo
Amherst, NH, United States
I am 25 years old and I live in NH. I have mild cerebal palsy but I have never let that affect me. I am very passionate about theatre and writing. For my professional theatre blog go to http://theatretechdiva.weebly.com

Friday, August 13, 2010

So You Think You Can Dance Finale Summary

So You Think You Dance Season 7 Finale Summary


Battaling out: Kent Lauren and Robert

Who got my vote Kent
Winner: Lauren

Ratings

Kent Routine 1: 8 Routine 2: 5.5 Routine 3: 9 Routine 4: 7 Solo:8 Total : 36

Lauren: *Routine 1: 5 Routines 2 &3 9 Routine 4 6.5 Solo: 7 Total: 31.5

* did not see whole routine Score based on portion I saw at the end of the show when they showed the phone #s

Robert: Routines 1&2: 9 Routine 3:6.5 Routine 4: 7 Solo 5 Total:34.5


Summary broken down by Genre

Bollywood This was Kent's first routine of the evening. Bollywood has never been one of my top favorite genres but I must admit it has grown on me in the past couple season. The thing I like best about this particular genre is the high energy. Kent and all star Lauren had good chemistry.

Broadway Once again Robert was paired up with all star Kathryn. They danced to Cool from West Side Story. Robert and Kathryn are very evenly matched pair. The story behind the dance was that Robert was being interrogated and the sexy police officer Kathryn is sent in to question him Loved the story line. Didn't care much for the dance. While it did do Jerome Robbins good justice it was not one of my favorite Broadway routines I've seen on the show.

Cha Cha Lauren has been known for her sultry and sexy performances all season. This one was no differet then the rest. Not one of my favorite performances by her. Her contemporary piece with Robert on the other hand is definitley in my list of top performances she has done this season.

Contemporary The dances in this genre never cease to amaze me.. the two performances

tonight were no differet. In the first one Robert and Lauren were paired up. They were phenominal together in my honest opinon. I don't know if they were paired up in previous episodes but if they haven't been the producers certainly know how to save the best for last. They showed the rawest emotion I think I've ever seen. Kent was paired up with all star Allison for the second piece. The story behind it was a couple in a turbulrant relationship trying to work things through. Truly amazing. I have a feeling Kent is going to win. If he doesn't I will be incredibly surprised and amazingly disappointed. While all three contestants have grown significantly since the start of this season Kent has shown the most energy, gutso, grace and maturity.

Jazz Two high energy performances that took watchers on a flashback to the 80s. For the first piece Robert was paired up with all star Marc and they danced to Whip It by Devo. Very interesting take on the song and an overall entertaining performance. In the second routine Kent and Lauren danced to Hip To Be Square by Huey Lewis and News. I was not as impressed with this routine as I was with Whip It . While I felt this routine was a tad cheesy for my taste Lauren and Kent have really good chemistry.

The final routine was a new type of Latin Dance which was performed by Robert and Kent. I can't remember the exact name of it but I wish they'd introduced sooner than finale because I thought it was awesome... not to mention wicked intensse
Overall this season of So You Think You Can Dance has not really all been desirable for me. I found myself bored a majority of the time. Imjury plagued the dances and took my three favorites out of the compettion too early. Though Billy made it to the double elimination round. All dances seemed to be the same to me and very few stood out to me as outstanding. I was really rooting for Kent to win but I guess you really can't be choosy. Kent Lauren and Robert will all have really great careers and Billy and Alex definitley will too. Not sure about the rest of them.

No comments:

Followers