About Me

My photo
Amherst, NH, United States
I am 25 years old and I live in NH. I have mild cerebal palsy but I have never let that affect me. I am very passionate about theatre and writing. For my professional theatre blog go to http://theatretechdiva.weebly.com

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Broadway Secrets of The Week

Sadly I am really addicted to this Broadway Secrets forum on livejournal. I don't know what is so interesting about it really. All of it is mostly rumors and immature highschoolers bickering with each other anyways. Sometimes there are particular secrets that catch my attention. This week there are three.
















#1: Wanda Sykes as Miss Hannigan. I love Wanda Sykes but I don't know how well she'd do at playing Miss Hannigan. That might be an interesting casting choice.
#2. I was happy when I saw this secret about Ramona. There have been a few secrets about other people in the cast but not very many about her. As for the secret itself I can't really comment much on it. I haven't seen A Little Night Music and I can't give a comment on Ramona's characterization though I have read somewhat mixed reviews about her performance. I have listened to the soundtrack quite a bit and she's pretty amazing. I wish I knew who posted this secret . The poster claims to be friends with Ramona . I don't know if this is true because a majority of the age demographic of people who use livejournal are high schoolers and not very many people in the 25 and over age demographic is. Maybe it's possible maybe it's not IDK. The people who post the secrets remain anonymous. No matter what people say though Ramona is amazing .:)
#3 Was not suprised when I saw this secret at all. When I first heard Vanessa Hudgens was cast as Mimi in RENT at The Hollywood Bowl I wanted to cry. Of course I never saw the show but judging from this secret she must have really butchered the role.

No comments:

Followers