About Me

My photo
Amherst, NH, United States
I am 25 years old and I live in NH. I have mild cerebal palsy but I have never let that affect me. I am very passionate about theatre and writing. For my professional theatre blog go to http://theatretechdiva.weebly.com

Friday, March 4, 2011

American Idol Week 3 Top 12 Boys/Girls

Total plus that you can now vote online. Hate my computer for not downloading the website properly... should've voted by the phone. I suppose it would have been wise to vote by phone tonight since I was having so much trouble with the interent







This week we begin the top 24 performances. Tonight the guys performed and tomorrow the girls perform. To save time I will combine my commentary for both performance shows in one entry and will continue to do such for the remainder of the season, Boys will be in orange Girls will be in green



Boys





This year the talent pool for boys on American Idol is far stronger than last year because of this there could easily be a lot of early contenders to be in the top 5. I arrived home late from visting with family in Massachuetts so I missed the first performance .. which was done by Clint. I am not a big fan of his and by the snipit I saw when they showed the phone #s at the end of the show I wasn't too impressed.



Scale of 1-10 1- Horrible and hurts my ears 10 Amazing







Top Tier Rated between 9 and 10



Scotty 10 He is my top favorite guy. If I could pick early favorites to win it would be between him and James.



Stefano 10 He sang a wonderful rendition of Just The Way You Are by Bruno Mars. He really has good vocals and his artistry matches that of Mars.



Jacob 9 His performance was captivating and amazing. I agree with the judges that he did Luther Vandross proud. (Side note: How was I unaware that Luther passed away?)



Robbie 9 The youngest of the boys I think he will be the dark horse of the compettion,,, much like Allison Ireheta was two years ago. He will have a lot to prove against the other contestants who are older but I think he can live up to the hype of the compettion. Will he win? I'm not totally sure yet.



Middle Tier Between 7 and 8



Casey and James are the only contestants that are in this tier both ranking in at 8. James is definitley very talented and he will go very far this season.. however I hope he doesn't imitate Adam Lambert too much with the screaming because that will start to irritate me after awhile. His performance was very high energy and I very much enjoyed it. Casey gave a very sultry performance of I Put A Spell on You and it was certaintly attention getting. As Jennifer Lopez said he is very sexy



Bottom Tier Lower Than 4- 6 Nobody rates Lower than a five



Paul 5.5 Don't exactly know what I didn't like about this performance... guess the song just wasn't appealing to me no matter how good his excecution was of it.



Jovanni 6 Too karaoke. A lot of his previous performances were a lot better than this one.



Jordan 5.5-6 I don't care for him much to begin with. He tried to incorporate movement too much into his performance which weakend the quality of the performance overall. The vocals were all over the place.



Brett 6.5 He's definitley unique. Didn't quite care for his song choice





Top: Casey Jacob James Scotty


Middle (Potential Wild Cards) Brett Paul Robbie Stefano


Bottom (Mosty likely will be sent packing) Clint Jordan Jovanni





Girls



Like the boys the talent pool of girls is very strong this year. It should be an interesing fight to the finish.





Top Tier Between 9 and 10



Pia Haylee Naima and Karen are all easily in this tier. All of their performances were breathtaking and amazing in their own way. I loved Naimia's unique spin on Summertime from Porgy and Bess she truly made the song her own. All of these performances rated a 9.



Middle Tier Between 7 and 8



Julie 7 I thought her performance of Kelly Clarkson's Breakway was mediocre at best. Not too karaoke but didn't meet the standards of Kelly's original performance.



Lauren T. 8 Very catchy. I wanted to get up and dance. She gave a very energetic performance



Kendra 8 Poweful and emotional. Beautiful Vocals



Thia 7 She is pretty amazing for 15 years old. Her voice is far more mature than the age she is.



Lauren A. 7 Like Thia she is amazing for her age. I really enjoyed her performance. Her and Thia could easily be contenders for the top spot in the contest.



Ashton 8 Really liked this song a lot too.



Bottom Tier Between 4 and 6 No one rated a 4



Rachel 5 Didn't care for her song choice or her performance whatsoever. Hopefully this isn't the end for her. If she stays I hope she will do better next week.



Ta-Taynisa 5 Refer to Rachel's comments only take out the part that starts with if she stays. She will probably end up going home.



Top: Haylee Karen Lauren T Naima Pia



Middle Ground (Potential Wild Cards) Ashton Kendra Lauren A Thia



Bottom (will most likely be sent packing) Julie^ Rachel Ta-Taynisa



^I don't want Julie to be sent home. We'll have to see how America will vote . IF she stays next week I hope she picks a song that she can be a lot more creative with and make more her own. She has a lot of potential to make it all the way to the end.



Results

Top 13
Ashton
Casey
Haley
Jacob
James
Karen
Lauren Alaina
Naima
Paul
Pia
Scotty
Stefano

My Top Favorites Girls Pia, Karen,Haley Boys Stefano,Scotty,Casey

What a great season of American Idol this will be.

No comments:

Followers