About Me

My photo
Amherst, NH, United States
I am 25 years old and I live in NH. I have mild cerebal palsy but I have never let that affect me. I am very passionate about theatre and writing. For my professional theatre blog go to http://theatretechdiva.weebly.com

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Rejuventaed!

Just when I think me writing fan fiction based on Little Shop of Horrors is over.. it starts again, I am collaborating with another person on my fan fiction website. This is an experimental piece with my collaborator's original character Claudia Krelborn, Seymour's 12 year old cousin who he adopts. Added note: In the musical the age of Seymour Audrey, Crystal Chiffon and Ronette is somewhere between 16 and 21. That is open to speculation and people's opinion. What do peple think? Feedback on this fic appreciated.



Claudia

Author's Note: This one shot is inspired by Dusty the innocent's original character. I am experimenting with writing about her since Dusty the innocent and I will be collaborating together on a fic. Seymour's age is never really defined in the musical so I am assuming he's either 16 or 17,

Claudia Krelborne was abandoned at age two. Her parents died in a drunk driving car wreck. Her mother and father were not really very mindful of their child and did not know how to take care of it. Her family lived in upstate New York but since there were no other living relatives on Long Island Health and Human Service put her in an orphanage on Skid Row where she lived from that point forward.
Little did she know that she had an older cousin who grew up in an orphanage just down the street… the Skid Row Home for Boys. His name was Seymour.
Claudia developed a passion for drawing at age five she always had a sketch book with her and drew what ever she could whenever she could. She went to the local elementary school down the street from the orphanage. For a resident of Skid Row she was pretty smart. She would go to school during the day and lay awake at night wondering if she'd ever get adopted.
One spring morning just after her 12th birthday her best friend Alyssa shook her awake.
"Claud wake up. Mrs. Richards wants to see you."
Claudia groaned. What could the headmistress possibly want with her? She had done all her chores the previous day… had she done something wrong?
She rolled out of bed and dragged herself down the hall to Mrs. Richard's office. She was surprised to see two complete strangers standing next to her desk. One gentleman looked like he was about forty.. and quite portly. The second looked about 4 or 5 years older than her.. was about 5'6 and had wiry glasses.
Mrs. Richards was all smiles. "Claudia I have great news. After a long search to find living members of your family we finally found someone."
Claudia was shocked.
"Which one of you is my cousin?" she asked
The boy with the wiry glasses stepped forward.
"Claudia, I'm your cousin Seymour. Your mom and my mom were sisters. I've been wondering all these years if you were alive and now here you are."
"And who's he?" she pointed toward the portly gentleman.
"This is Mr. Mushnik. He's my boss at the flower shop."
"Claudia, pack your things up." Seymour is adopting you." Mrs. Richards instructed.
Claudia glanced up at Seymour "You are?" She asked
"Sure am. Paperwork's all signed. Go get your suitcase." Seymour said grinning from ear to ear.
Claudia skipped down the hall back into her bedroom. Alyssa looked at her with interest.
"What's going on?" she asked
"I just met my older cousin Seymour for the first time. He's adopting me."
"So you're getting out of here?"
"Yes, finally!"
Alyssa looked sad. "I'll miss you."
Claudia hugged her friend. They had been through so much together in the past seven years."I'll miss you too. Hopefully you'll get adopted soon too. You can always come visit me at the flower shop."
"You workin there?"
"I don't know yet. I'm sure I will be. Seymour works there."
Claudia packed her things up and took one last look around the bed room at the orphanage she had lived in for 10 years. She was finally leaving it behind. Starting fresh.
She hugged Alyssa again and left the room heading back down the hall. Back to Seymour.


Go to : http://fanfiction.net/~showtunedivato read other Little Shop fan fics as well as fan fics based on other musicals plays and movies.

No comments:

Followers