About Me

My photo
Amherst, NH, United States
I am 25 years old and I live in NH. I have mild cerebal palsy but I have never let that affect me. I am very passionate about theatre and writing. For my professional theatre blog go to http://theatretechdiva.weebly.com

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Goal Update

New Goal for the new year.


I have been inspired by the events that have been happening in the country around the issue of bullying... most espeically the incident that happened in the fall at Rutgers University when Tyler Climente a freshmen student who was gay jumped off of the George Washington Bridge because his roommate caught him in a sexual tryst with another boy and broadcast it on the internet to write a play about bullying. I was bullied in high school but I didn't let it define me so that's why I decided I wanted to write a play about bullying. On the subject of gay bullying I am somewhat inspired by Kurt's chracter on Glee because being gay doesn't exactly come easy to him and he ulitmatey ended transferring out of McKinley High because of it. If I wanted to focuss my play on gay bullying part of my research would have to involve finding out from my friends who are gay the level of difficulty it was for them to come out. Might serve for some back ground. I suppose it's just a matter of asking the right questions.

I have no idea when I'm going to start writing this play. I have had the idea for writing it for quite awhile but haven't buckled down to writing it yet. I think I may just start with brainstorming for now but won't start to write anything concrete until I complete working on Princess K.I.M and the Lie That Grew because that takes top priority right now.

Happy St Patrick's Day all!

No comments:

Followers