About Me

My photo
Amherst, NH, United States
I am 25 years old and I live in NH. I have mild cerebal palsy but I have never let that affect me. I am very passionate about theatre and writing. For my professional theatre blog go to http://theatretechdiva.weebly.com

Thursday, August 6, 2009

So You Think You Can Dance Season 5 Finale

Season 5 So You Think You Can Dance Finale Summary

Top 4 (Alphabetical order)
1. Brandon
2. Evan
3. Jeanine
4. Kayla

Top 4 ( Predicted order of who will win)
1. Brandon
2. Kayla
3. Evan
4. Jeanine

RESULTS
1st Jeanine 2nd Brandon 3rd Evan 4th Kayla

Not happy about this at all. Brandon was so much better than Jeanine.

Composite Scores (Group dance included in score)
Brandon and Kayla 32
Jeanine 30
Evan 29

Ratings for solos
Brandon 9
Kayla 8
Jeanine 7
Evan 5

For the couples number each member of top 4 danced with each other and then the 2 guys and 2 girls danced together. The first time around Brandon and Kayla and Evan and Jeanine were paired up. Despite the fact that we share the same name Jeanine has not been one of my favorite dancers the whole season..actually I didn't actutally notice how good she really was til about two weeks ago up until that that point I thought she was kind of mediocre. Evan and Jeanine did a contempoary number which I thought was so so. As far as that style is concerned I think Ade and Melissa were the two that danced it the best. Bradon and Kayla did a Broadway number which was chreographed by Tice Diorio. It was fabulous. I think that Brandon and Kayla complimented each other quite fabulously. Second time around Evan and Kayla danced a jive which was very energetic and fun to watch. I have been fan of Evan the whole entire season and I am happy that there has been someone in this compettion who dances in the style of Broadway. He gets bonus points for reminding me of highly esteemed co-worker from NLBP Willl Porter. Brandon and Jeanine then danced a Pasa Doble. The dance itself was very sensual and had lots of good emotion in it how ever Pasa Doble has not been one of my favorite genres all season. I guess I am just not that huge of fan of the latin style of dance. As far as the two numbers where the boys and the girls danced together are concerned the piece that Jeanine and Kayla did I throughly enjoyed and I think they complimented each other quite well. The piece that Brandon and Evan did clearly proves that Brandon is a stronger dancer than Evan.

All things considered I think that Brandon will take the title home. He has been very consistant through out the whole entire season and he is quite talented... well they were all talented but Brandon has just been amazing all season. It's hard to believe he doesn't seem to have a lot of confident in himself when it comes to dancing.. he does not realize at all how truly talented and amazing he really is. I think if he wins it will prove to him that he can do anything when it comes to dance.

No comments:

Followers