About Me

My photo
Amherst, NH, United States
I am 25 years old and I live in NH. I have mild cerebal palsy but I have never let that affect me. I am very passionate about theatre and writing. For my professional theatre blog go to http://theatretechdiva.weebly.com

Monday, August 3, 2009

Oaklahoma gets a standing O











Post Show Posing! L to Right: John Baker ( Andrew Carnes), Brandon Santoro, Eliza Hayes Mahar (Ado Annie), Brady Lynch ( Gertie Cummings) ,Matt Smith. Maggie Politi (Dream Laurey) , Marco Diodoro (Joe), Janine Leffler, Sonya Walcott



Another late night.. another second wind!!!





Once again we traveled up to Meredith to go see a show at Summer Theatre in Meredith Village. The current show they are doing is Roger And Hammerstien's Oaklahoma which once again never ceased to impress me. Rogers and Hammerstien are my favorite composers of musicals.. probably because The Sound of Music first introduced me to musicals back when I saw the film when I was 10.





Oaklahoma had to be one of the best plays I've seen in awhile. Like the past three shows I've seen at Summer Theatre in Meredith Village (Carosuel, Grease and High School Musical) the cast shows a diverse and unique amount of talents. Oaklahoma I feel is a love story. There are two relationships that the play focussses on Ado Annie's and Will's and Curly's and Laurey's. Each realtionship has thier own set of obstacles. In beginning both girls has to chose between two guys (Laurey- Curly and Jud Ado Annie- Ali Hakim and Will) This play had an equal balance of scences that were funny and scenes that were filled with tension you could cut with a knife. The dream sequence was my favorite scene because it showed which guy Laury would have perfferd to be with and how tense it got between Curly and Jud) I refuse to give away the ending all I am going to say is that it's very happy. The thing that was the best was the development of the realationships between Ado Annie ( Eliza Hayes Mahar) and Will Parker (Matt Baunam) and Laurey (Lauren Burbank) and Curly ( Billy Noble)


Favorite musical numbers included The Surrey With The Fringe on The Top, People Will Say We're In Love and I Cain't Say No





The show was directed and chreographed by Norb Joreber. It was very enlightened and delightful. I would highly reccommend it to anyone who is looking for a great theatre production to watch.


Getting super excited for next summer's season at STMV
My Way: A Musical Tribute To Frank Sinatra
How To Succeed in Business Without Really Trying
Chicago YESS!!!!!!!
Camelot
The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee



Upcoming Shows
August 15th Anything Goes






I do not know if this link will work but i hope it does it is from Billy Noble's facebook. It's a video clip of the song People Will Say We're In Love



http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/video/video.php?v=577505153321

ok so the facebook link will have to suffice, Once he uploads all the videos to youtube i post the actual video.

No comments:

Followers