About Me

My photo
Amherst, NH, United States
I am 25 years old and I live in NH. I have mild cerebal palsy but I have never let that affect me. I am very passionate about theatre and writing. For my professional theatre blog go to http://theatretechdiva.weebly.com

Thursday, July 30, 2009

So You Think You Can Dance Week 8

1 Week til the finale!! So glad I don't have wait long for Season 6 to start. I am really hoping to go see the Tour at Verizon Wireless Arena on Sept 22nd but I do not know if budget will allow. I am praying that it will.

Top 6
bold= the ones who got my votes red= who I think is going home
1. Ade
2. Brandon
3. Evan
4. Jeanine
5. Kayla
6. Melissa


Top 4:    Brandon, Evan Jeanine  Kayla.     I have mixed reviews about tonight's results.  I am super happy that Brandon and Kayla made it but I feel that  Melissa and Ade got really shafted.  Jeanine has not really been a favorite of mine through out this season.. Kayla was never really in my top either to be honest.  Brandon blew me away  with every dance he did this season whether it was in couples or solos.  Melissa was amazing and  I was so sad to see her go home tonight. Her and Ade were my favorite couple all season long  my favorite dances from them being the Romeo and Juliet piece  and the Breast Cancer piece.  I feel that Ade really should have been in the  finale instead of Evan..  while both were really good I feel Ade was the stronger dancer of the two.   Out of the guys Brandon Evan and Ade were always in my top so  it was really hard to decide which one to vote for last night. The girls were easier because I actually really wanted  Jeanine to go home  because I thought Janette  did a lot better than her.
Group Dance  Scores   Girls 10   Guys 8

Total Ratings (combined couples dances and solos)
Melissa 26
Kayla 25
Evan 23
Brandon and Ade  (tie) 19
Jeanine 18

Individual Ratings
Solos
Ade  8
Brandon 10
Evan 5
Jeanine  7
Kayla 6
Melissa 8

This week's couples were: Jeanine and Ade, Evan and Melissa and Brandon and Kayla
Total Scores   Jeanine and Ade: 11  Evan and Melissa :  18   Kayla and Brandon  17
Genres
Melissa and Evan  Broadway and Quick Step
The  quick step allowed Melissa and Evan to break out of their comfort zones but to be honest it was not their best dance.  The  Broadway  number like previous Broadway numbers  was fun energetic and dynamic. Melissa broke out of  her comfort zone which is more classical. Evan was in his element.  Ratings 10/8  Total Score 18
Jeanine and  Ade  Samba and  Hip Hop
Samba I felt was  a  week point for Jeanine and Ade.  They could have  danced a lot better.  Of course most  Latin  numbers that have been done in previous weeks   were not my favorites.. it could just  be something about that genre.   Hip Hop I feel has been Jeanine's strong suit all season and the fact that she is so strong in that allowed Ade to break out of his comfort zone which like Melissa is more contemporary/classical.  Ratings  5/6  Total Score 11
Kayla and Brandon    Contemporary/Disco
All I have to say  is that they were dynamic and fluid in both  pieces. They were very well danced.  I think that Brandon has a good chance of making it into the finale. For the girls it's a toss up between Kayla and Melissa.



No comments:

Followers