About Me

My photo
Amherst, NH, United States
I am 25 years old and I live in NH. I have mild cerebal palsy but I have never let that affect me. I am very passionate about theatre and writing. For my professional theatre blog go to http://theatretechdiva.weebly.com

Thursday, July 23, 2009

So You Think You Can Dance Week 7

It's getting down to the finish!!!
Group dance rating: 9
Top 8
* Bolded- Who i voted for Red= Who i think is going home
1. Ade
2. Brandon
3 Evan
4. Jason
5. Janette
6. Jeanine
7. Kayla
8. Melissa

Bottom 4 (Red- the ones who went home)
1. Kayla
2. Janette
3. Brandon
4. Jason

Reaction to tonight's results:  I'm pretty livid right now to be honest. America must have slept through a majority of last night's performance show because Brandon and Kayla  SHOULDN"T   have been in the  bottom  four.  I was actually hoping that Evan and Jeanine would end up there because their performances were not at all up to par with those of previous weeks.  Janette has been pretty solid through pretty much every single show this season and next to Melissa she has been my  favorite girl performer.  Jason was never a favorite of mine and  I am really happy he finally went home tonight.

Combined Scores of 2 couples numbers and solo
Ade and Brandon 25
Melissa 24
Kayla 23
Janette 21
Jason Jeanine and Evan 20
Ratings for solos:
Ade Brandon and Kayla 9
Melissa 8
Jason 6
Janette 5
Evan and Jeanine 4

Couples:
SOOO HAPPY THAT MELISSA AND ADE WERE PAIRED UP AGAIN TONIGHT!!
Clearly I'm gonna talk about them first. They're that awesome.
I was not all that crazy about their Cha Cha piece I do not think that style did them any good. The contemporary piece was phenominal and incredibly moving. It was one of the best pieces they have done.. the Romeo and Juliet piece they did a few weeks ago follows suit.
Composite Score 16 (Individual Cha Cha 6 Contemp 10)
Evan and Janette
Evan has been one of my favorites since beginning of this season. My ratings for him went down this week. I just don't think either of the genres selected complimented how talented he really is. Clearly it's going to be tough for me to choose between Janette, Melissa and Kayla because I think they are all good. Jeanine has had her strong points but she has not been one of my favorite dancers this season despite the fact we share the same name. The two pieces that were done by Janette and Evan were Jazz and Rumba. I guess I am not a big fan of the Latin style of dancing because the Rumba did very little for me except show that Evan has a very sexy side when he dances that has not come out in previous weeks. Props to the jazz piece though I thought that was really good.
Composite Score 16 ( Individual Jazz 9 Rumba 7)
Jeanine and Brandon
Brandon and Ade are my top two favorite guys this season. Phillip was my other favorite unfourtnatley he got the boot last week. I highly disagreed with some of the judges' comments about the waltz. I thought it was astoundingly beautiful and that Jeanine and Brandon complimented eachother quite well. Wasn't a huge fan of the pop jazz routine.
Composite Score 16 (Individual Waltz 8 Pop/Jazz 8)
Kayla and Jason
Jason hasn't been one of my favorite guys all season while on the contrary Kayla has been one of my favorite girls.. an interesting pair. Suprisingly they complimented each other really welll on the Broadway piece... better then they  I thought they would do. I wasn't a huge fan of the hip hop piece though. I predict out of the guys either Evan or Jason will go home this week. Jeanine will most likely go home for the girls.
Composite Score 14 ( Individual BWAY 7.5 Hip Hop 6.5)

Bold

No comments:

Followers