About Me

My photo
Amherst, NH, United States
I am 25 years old and I live in NH. I have mild cerebal palsy but I have never let that affect me. I am very passionate about theatre and writing. For my professional theatre blog go to http://theatretechdiva.weebly.com

Thursday, July 9, 2009

So You Think You Can Dance Week Five Summary

After this week some of the most dyanmic couples in So You Think You Can Dance history will be separated. On the plus side it's always good to mix things up. Each couple danced two numbers. The couples in bold print are the ones I voted for.
1. Melissa and Ade
They have really complimented each other well each week and I will truly miss them being a pair.
Genres: Disco/Waltz
Rating Total: 16 ( Individual ratings: Disco 8 Waltz 8)
The Disco number was really fun to watch. I think it was the most fun genre they've ever done. The waltz was completley and totally beautiful.
2. Kayla and Kupono
Genres: Contemporary/Broadway
Rating Total 14 (Individual Rating Contemp 7.5. BWay 6.5)
Comments: The contemporary piece was by far the most emotional piece I've seen them do. For the Broadway number they did Dance From The Gym from West Side Story. IT was definitley one of my favorite pieces they have done.. I could be biased because WSS is one of my favorite musicals of all time.
3. Caitlin and Jason
Genres Foxtrot/ Lyrical Jazz
Overall Rating 15 ( Break Down Foxtrot 7 Lyrical Jazz 8)
Both dances were far better than last week's performance. The Lyrical Jazz piece definitley showed their strength.
4. Jeanine and Phillip Hate to admit it but I think they will most likely go home this week.
Genres: Russian Folk and Jive
A very interesting combination of genres for the two of them. Hip Hop has definitley been their strongest genre by far. I didn't care much for the Russian Folk dance at all but I thougt they did fabulous with the jive
Rating Total 11 ( Individual R Folk 5 Jive 6
5. Randi and Evan They have been my favorites all along but Brandon and Jeanette replace their spot in my top 2 by a mile.
Genres Hip Hop/Samba
Rating Total 14 ( Individual HH 8 Samba 6)
Like previous dances they have done the hip hop piece was amazing. Very powerful and sensual. Randi was really strong in the Samba but Evan wasn't... at all.
6 Brandon and Janette
They are in top contention with Melissa and Ade and Randi and Evan but I think this week proves that they will go all the way.
Genres Argentinian Tango/Jazz
Rating:11.5 ( A Tango 5.5 Jazz 6)
Aregentian Tango was definitley the most passionate dance they have ever done as a couple. Their jazz routine was very funny and creative.

Top: Melissa and Ade, Brandon and Jennette
Middle: Randi and Evan, Kayla and Kupono
Bottom: Jeanine and Phillip, Caitlin and Jason

Results: Bottom 3: Melissa and Ade (Shocker) Caitlin and Jason, Jeanine and Phillip
Phillip and Caitiln went home but they have swing dance roles spots on the tour which by the way comes to NH in September. I must find out when because I would really like to go to it if finances allow.

Upcoming Performances
TOMMORROW: Grease at Summer Theatre in Meredith Village
August 15th: Anything Goes New London Barn Playhouse
On August 22nd I will be going with a few friends to see a play @ Prescott Park Arts Festival in Portsmouth for my birthday.

Pending: CATS Summer Theatre in Meredith Village YAY MAGGIE AND LOUIE!

No comments:

Followers