About Me

My photo
Amherst, NH, United States
I am 25 years old and I live in NH. I have mild cerebal palsy but I have never let that affect me. I am very passionate about theatre and writing. For my professional theatre blog go to http://theatretechdiva.weebly.com

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Summer Movies

Summer Movie Reviews and Ratings  2009
*rental   **theatre
* A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Forum
Rating 8/ Grade A-
 I actually didn't rent this  I watched over my boyfriend's house... on two different occasions.   I found it to be  very hilarious. 
* Anything Goes
Rating: 5 Grade C
I rented this to sort of preface going to see the play at the Barn Playhouse so  I could get used to some of the music since I was not familiar with.  I found the play to be slightly different then the movie
*Bride Wars
Rating 4.5/ Grade D
I was a lot more hyped for this movie then  I should have been.  The previews made it look funny but it really isn't that funny. The plot is really predictable. Hopefully  I will not be as disappointed with Ghost of Girlfriends Past as I was with this movie.
**Dance Flick
Rating 4.5/ Grade D-
I didn't really get some of the jokes this movie  was making  in reference to other dance movies (Fame, Save The Last Dance)  I  found this movie to be very lacking in plot and not funny at all.
* Last Chance Harvey
Rating  4.5/Grade D/C-
I found this movie to be quite boring. I did not care for it very much at all.
** Julie and Julia
Rating  9/ Grade A
My advice: Do not go see this movie on an empty stomach or it will make you incredibly hungry.  By far one of the best movies of the summer. Lots of  funny moments. Amy Adams and Meryl Streep are amazing! 

** My Sister's Keeper
Rating: 6/ Grade B-
 I am  a huge fan of  Jodi Piccout's books.. she is currently one of my favorite authors.  I thought that this movie was good but it didn't do the book much justice at all.  Warning: This movie is a tearjerker so bring lots and lots of tissues.



Movies I want to see next
Harry Potter
Aliens in The Attic
Ghost of Girlfriends Past
Night At The Museum 2
Fame

No comments:

Followers