About Me

My photo
Amherst, NH, United States
I am 25 years old and I live in NH. I have mild cerebal palsy but I have never let that affect me. I am very passionate about theatre and writing. For my professional theatre blog go to http://theatretechdiva.weebly.com

Thursday, April 22, 2010

American Idol Glee Weekly Update

American Idol/Glee Weekly Update

4/22




American Idol



Theme:Inspirational Songs



1. Casey

Song: Don't Stop Thinking About Tomorrow

Rating 4

Comments: Not a fan of this performance. It definitley was not one of his strong songs and it could possbily land him in the bottom this week.

2. Lee

Song: The Boxer

Rating: 7

Comments: He is definitley starting to improve a lot..especially in the confidence department. I really liked his song choice this week.

3. Tim

Song: Better Days

Rating:8

Comments: Really powerful song. One of his better performances.

4. Aaron

Song: I Believe I Can Fly

Rating: 7.5

Comments: For the most part he has been pretty consistant with his performances. This one was one of his best with the exeption of a few pitch problems.

5. Siobhann

Song When You Believe

Rating 9

Comments: Finally! A performance without a lot of screaming and by far a better song choice then others she has gotten in recent weeks. One of my favorite performances by her..right up there with Paint It Black.

6. Big Mike

Song: Hero

Rating 4.5

Comments: I agree with Kara's critique. Definitley not one of his best performances. Last week's performance of In The Ghetto stood out more to me. He could easily be in the bottom this week.

7. Crystal

Song: People Get Ready

Rating: 8

Comments: A very mellow song that helped me to relax after a busy day at work. She has been consistant since the beginnng and I think she is definitley going to make it to the finale. I have been a fan of hers since the beginning. If she doesn't get into the finale I willl be very upset.

The results show was way too long with all the Idol Gives Back stuff.. I'm surprised I stayed up for the whole thing. The performances were not impressive at all. In fact the only ones that I liked were Elton John and Carrie Underwood. This week's bottom 3 were Casey Aaron and Tim. Big Mike should have been in the bottom instead of Aaron because his performance was the worst one and he picked a very non-inspirational song. Aaron did FABULOUS with I Believe I Can Fly. Tim went home..which was not shocking. He has been in the bottom three times. Overall he is a very mediocre performance and I honestly think he should have been eliminated several weeks ago.

Remaining Contestants: Casey, Crystal, Lee, Aaron, Siobhann, Big Mike

Next week Shania Twain is mentoring and they are singing songs from her catalouge of songs. I will have to agree with a majority of the posters on AI message board by saying they should have gone with a country theme instead of just focussing on soley Shania's songs. I have nothing against Shania. I've been a fan of hers since 7th grade but I think the boys will struggle with this theme.. at least Lee and Big Mike will anyways. It could be hit or miss for Aaron and Casey depending on song choice... they do well with country songs. Crystal and Siobhann willl do well regardless and hopefully Siobhann will finally break out of her bad song choice rut.

Songs I think they should sing

Big Mike C'Est La Vie

Aaron If You Want To Touch Her Ask

Casey From This Moment

Crystal Man I Feel Like A Woman or UP!

Lee Forever and For Always

Siobhann Whose Bed Have Your Boots Been Under?





GLEE!

One name Madonna! Something that is not sitting well with me this season is the realtionship that is starting to bud between Rachel and Jesse (the main guy on the opposing Glee team played by Jonathan Groff) This has already made the rest of the people really upset and I have a feeling after this episode tensions could continue to boil between Rachel and the rest of the Glee club members. Generally speaking I am not impressed with season 2 of Glee so far. This particular episode seemed to be too focussed on sex.. themes not apporpriate for certain ages groups of the audience Glee is catering to. The plot seems to be getting boring.. last season there seemed to be so much more drama. I think if the writers don't step up their game then they could up losing a lot of diehard viewers..including me.


and as much as I despise Sue Sylvester's character this is the best music video from Glee EVER! Apparently Jane Lynch was on Broadway.. no idea what show she was in.

No comments:

Followers