About Me

My photo
Amherst, NH, United States
I am 25 years old and I live in NH. I have mild cerebal palsy but I have never let that affect me. I am very passionate about theatre and writing. For my professional theatre blog go to http://theatretechdiva.weebly.com

Monday, April 12, 2010

What to see what to see

I recently found out that Angela Lansbury and Catherine Zeta Jones are slated to leave A Little Night Music on June 20th. This makes me very disappointed because when I heard they were in the show that was main hook that got me to want to go see it because I am a huge fan of CZJ and Angela well she's pretty much considered Broadway royalty in my book. It is so cool that my friend Ramona from the Barn Playhouse gets the opportunity to work with them. Darn budget constraints. I wish I could get to NY before June but I can't unfortunately. :( Hopefully they find people to replace them so the show will stay open but I have a feeling it won't be the same.

So now that I have heard this news I have to rethink what show I want to see
My options
South Pacific which closes the exact weekend I will be down there. That's on the top of my list. My boyfriend already saw it and he said it was amazing. not really sure if he'd want to see the same show twice.. same thing would apply to seeing HAIR again with the new cast.
I kinda of wanna see HAIR again with the new cast. I LOVE DIANA DIGRAMO she was my favorite on American Idol in season 3. and it would be an added bonus if I got to see Jay perform as Claude since I haven't gotten the chance to see him perform yet.
Jersey Boys My parents saw this in Chicago last summer and raved about it. Seriously considering seeing this.
Billy Elliot I've heard amazing things about this... and it must be amazing if it won so many Tonys last year.
Sondheim on Sondhiem I have recently become a Sondheim fan and love the music from all his shows. Including A Little Night Music, Sweeney Todd and Into The Woods.
West Side Story One of my favorite musicals of all time. I have been dying to see this on Broadway for YEARS!

Other shows I have heard things about include FELA

No comments:

Followers