About Me

My photo
Amherst, NH, United States
I am 25 years old and I live in NH. I have mild cerebal palsy but I have never let that affect me. I am very passionate about theatre and writing. For my professional theatre blog go to http://theatretechdiva.weebly.com

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Show DESCIONS!!

Shows I am considering seeing when I go NY In August

At this point it is between.....

  1. Jersey Boys
  2. Lion King
  3. Promises Promises
  4. West Side Story
  5. La Cages Aux Folles

Based on much discussion and various opinons on Broadwayspace my list has changed quite drastically. A Little Night Music is totally eliminated.

Reasons why

1. The plot of the show does not seem interesting.

2. I recently brought the soundtrack and there were only about 5 or 10 songs that I thought were amazing. I was amazingly impressed by friend Ramona's voice because I had never heard her sing before.

3. Catherine Zeta Jones and Angela Lanbury are set to leave the show on June 20th and the show will definitley not be the same without them. I'm sure their understudies are really talented but I am not really sure if they will be able to find people of their caliber to replace them.

As much as I really do want to see South Pacific I think it would be better to see a show that Matt or I has not seen yet. This also eliminates seeing HAIR with the new cast as much as I am dying to see it and see Jay play Claude.

Reasons behind the selections I have chosen

1. My parents saw the tour in Chicago last summer and raved about how good it was. I haven't heard a lot of the music from it but it sounds like something I would really like.

2. I have heard this show is amazing and have been meaning to see it for three or four years now.

3. One name... Kristin Chenoweth!!

4. I have been dying to see this play on Broadway since I first saw the movie in 9th grade English class when were studying Romeo and Juliet.

5. I recently rented a PBS miniseries about the history of Broadway Musicals and a snipit from the original La Cage Aux Folles caught my attention. Seems like it would be a great show to see.

Update: After much discussion we decided to see Jersey Boys and Come Fly With Me. I look foward to seeing both these shows!

No comments:

Followers