About Me

My photo
Amherst, NH, United States
I am 25 years old and I live in NH. I have mild cerebal palsy but I have never let that affect me. I am very passionate about theatre and writing. For my professional theatre blog go to http://theatretechdiva.weebly.com

Thursday, April 1, 2010

GAME ON!

American Idol Week 5 Top 10 R&B/Soul
Best week of American Idol this season. Not a weak performane at all. Things are really starting to step up and this is really starting to feel like a compettion.
Performance Ratings on 1-10 Scale
1 horrible 10 Amazing
10 Crystal and Big Mike
Crystal continues to impress me. She really broke out of her comfort zone this week by playing the piano. Big Mike gave hus third outstanding performance in a row. He was truly in his element tonight
9 Katie Andrew and Casey
Katie was a show stopper ...and a vote getter for me! She did an amazing rendition of Aretha Franklin's Chain of Fools. She has been one of my favorites since the beginning and I hope she makes it to the top 5. After a string of mediocre performances Andrew redeemed himself with an amazing performance of Forever. Great song choice and great connection with the song. Casey did amazing and was another person who wasi in his element. I think he has a good chance of getting in the top 5 as well.
8 Lee and Aaron Aaron stepped up his game in my eyes. He has been rated between 6 or 7 in recently weeks but his performance was far better I felt then those of the past few weeks including last week's which was affected by sicknesss. Lee continues to impress me. It was hard to choose between him and Casey when it came down to wire for voting.
7.5 Didi Tim and Siobhann
Siobhann is usually in my top but she dropped down a couple notches. I liked her song choice and thought she did ok but she has had better performances in the past couple weeks. I also think she needs to stop screaming so much when she sings. That kind of thing works for Adam Lambert but does not suit her well at all. Tim was much improved over last week's performace but overall he has been a mediocre peformer and I actually kind of hope he goes home this week because I am getting bored with him. I feel the same way about Didi to be perfectly honest.
Results!
Bottom 3: Katie Didi Tim Who went home: Didi
This week's bottom 3 was not at all shocking. I actualy would have perferrd to see Andrew in the bottom because if you look at the big picture he has been inconsistant since the beginning of the performance shows. Didi only lacked a little bit in the consistancy department she just got stuck with horrible song choices. Katie has been in the bottom 3 two weeks in a row so that can't be a good sign. Hopefully enough people vote for her next week to keep her out of the bottom. I hope Tim goes home next week. I am so bored with him.
Next week's theme: Lennon/MCartney Song Book
Songs I'd like to hear the contestants sing
Lee Revolution
Andrew Let It Be
Aaron Yesterday
Casey Hard Day's Night
Katie Imagine
Tim I Wanna Hold Your Hand

No comments:

Followers