About Me

My photo
Amherst, NH, United States
I am 25 years old and I live in NH. I have mild cerebal palsy but I have never let that affect me. I am very passionate about theatre and writing. For my professional theatre blog go to http://theatretechdiva.weebly.com

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

American Idol/Glee Weekly Update

American Idol/Glee Weekly Update
April 27th
Let me begin by saying that I had really high expectations for this season of Glee and after the first three shows I am still waiting for something that will impress me. Nothing has really caught my attention yet. In this week's episode the character that honestly stood out the most to me was Mercedes. She tries out to be a Cheerios and doesn't do well with dealing with the preassure of the tryouts. It takes a talk with Quinn for her to realize that she is beautiful on the inside and outside something that she had a hard time dealing with. Her rendition of Christina Aguliera's Beautiful was phenominal... of course it doesn't top I'm Telling You I'm Not Going but it was still amazing. I never really liked Mercedes's character that much but after tonight's episode I have gained a new apperciation and respect for her. Kristen Chenoweth reprised her role as April Rhodes and she was amazing!! I loved the song that her and Will (Matthew Morrison) sang together. An interesting relationship twist I didn't see coming Kurt's dad and Finn's mom.. I wonder where that will lead. There was discussion close to the end of episode between Finn and Kurt about breaking up the relarionship between their parents but I hope doesn't happen. It would be interesting to see where that could lead and if it will strentghen the bond between Finn and Kurt.
Overall, as stated above so far I am not at all impressed with this season of Glee. If something interesting does not start to happen soon I may lose interest.
Tonight''s American Idol theme was the song book of Shania Twain. I was excited when I heard that this was going to be the theme this week as I have been a HUGE Shania fan since 8th grade. For the most part the performances were good tonight the only person I was disappointed with was Lee.
Ratings 1- Horrible 10- Amazing
Bottom
Lee
Song You're Still The One
Rating (1-10) 5
He has done much better performances than this one. This performance was very boring and uninteresting. I have typically voted for him... this week my vote went to Big Mike.
Middle
Aaron
Song: You've Got A Way
Rating : 8
Comments: His best performance. I haven't been a huge fan of his but I liked this one best out of all his performances he has done to this point in the compettion. Beautiful and very captivating
Big Mike
Rating 7
Comments: Out of the guys he has been the most consistant except for a few pitchy performances. This was by FAR my favorite performance of his
Top
Casey
Song: Don't
Rating 8
Comments: He was completly in his element tonight. Loved his performance though I have no familiarity with the song whatsoever.
Crystal
Rating 10
Comments: She had really good connection with the song and the audience. All her performances have been good but this one stood out to me as one of her best.
Siobhann
Song: Any Man Of Mine
Rating 9
Song: Flawless. Would have been twenty times better without the screaming at the end of it.
Tonight's results were shocking! The bottom 3 were Big Mike Casey and Sibohann. Sibohann went home. I was so disappointed with this because I thought last night was one of her better performances out of all the ones from recent weeks. There goes all the New England representation. :(
Next week's theme is Frank Sinatra and the mentor is Harry Connick Jr. I am still holding out hope they will do a Broadway theme and pick Stephen Sondheim's songbook. The time in this season is running really short though.

No comments:

Followers