About Me

My photo
Amherst, NH, United States
I am 25 years old and I live in NH. I have mild cerebal palsy but I have never let that affect me. I am very passionate about theatre and writing. For my professional theatre blog go to http://theatretechdiva.weebly.com

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

YAY FOR THE BEATLES

Week 7 American Idol Top 9

Theme Lennon/MCCartney Song Book
Top 9: Aaron, Andrew, Casey, Big Mike,Lee,Tim, Crystal ,Katie,Siobhann
Ratings: Aaron 7 Andrew 9 Casey 8.5 Lee 8 Tim 7 Crystal and Katie 10 Siobhann 8.5 Big Mike 6

Started watching a little late tonight because I was catching up on reading my email. Missed Aaron's performance of Long and Winding Road but from the clip I saw of it when they were reshowing the voting phone numbers it looked pretty good. Based on the short snipit I saw I give it a 7. We will start the performance summaries at the # 2 spot. Katie gave another great performance singing a Beatles song that I can connect to on a personal level Let It Be. She has continued to get consistantly better in the past couple weeks. It was between her and Crystal for the vote but Crystal won out. She has also been really consistant since the beginning and her performance of Come Together was great.. I would say it definitley topped Kris Allen's take on it from last season. Tim's performance of All My Lovin exceeded my expectations as I have found him in recent weeks to be quite boring, He may redeem himself from being in the bottom 3 and I hope Katie does as well. Casey sang the only song I did not have any familiarity with Jealous Guy and I thought it was his most powerful performance yet. Big Mike didn't impress me at this week. His past two performances have had a lot more wow factor in my honest opinion. Sibohann bounced back from last week's not so good performance. She sang Across The Universe and I beleive Kara hit the nail on the head with saying she really connected with the song. I got the same vibe from her. Andrew continued to stay on a good path this week with singing an energetic rendition of Can't Buy Me Love. Lee closed out the show with a captivating (and vote getting) performance of Hey Jude one of my all time fave Beatles songs.

I go to bed a very happy Beatles Fan. Let's see what the results show holds.

PS I have begun to warm up to the fact that Ellen is a judge this season. She actually does a good job.

Results

Bottom 3: Big Mike Aaron Andrew Who went home: SHOCKER! No one went home. They used the save on Big Mike which I thought was a wise choice on the part of the judges.

Here is how the botttom 3 have rated for me since the beginning of the top 24 shows

Andrew

Week 2: 10 Week 3: 5 Week 4: 4 Week 5: 4 Last Week: 9 This week : 9

Perhaps I am being a bit too generous with my ratings for Andrew's performances because when I look back to the entries I wrote on the particular show I realize that most of his performances have been weak and inconsistant. The past two performances have certainly redeemed him but I honestly don't think he is that great. I think it's between him and Tim going home next week.

Aaron

Week 2: 8 Week 3 9 Week 4 :5 Week 5 4 Last Week 8 This Week 9

The reason why he rated so low in weeks 4 and 5 was mostly due to poor song choices or the fact that song was just not a good fit for him. Other than that he has been pretty consistant. He is very impressive for 16 years old.

Big Mike

He has also been really consistant overall typically rating a 9 or a 10. His only two weak perfromances were this week and a few weeks ago. That was mostly due to poor song choice.

Next week Adam Lambert is the mentor. Should be good. I HOPE THE THEME IS BROADWAY!

No comments:

Followers