About Me

My photo
Amherst, NH, United States
I am 25 years old and I live in NH. I have mild cerebal palsy but I have never let that affect me. I am very passionate about theatre and writing. For my professional theatre blog go to http://theatretechdiva.weebly.com

Saturday, May 1, 2010

The April Vacation Entertainment Review

April Vacation Entertainment Review





Books















  • Vanishing Acts Jodi Piccout C I found this book to be really boring. Usually I like Jodi Piccout's books but nothing particulary grabbed me about this one.










  • The Bright Side of Disaster Katherine Center B- A mixture of happy and sad moments. Overall a good read.










  • Outliers Malcom Gladwell D Did not really find anything about this book very interesting.


























  • When Autumn Leaves Amy Foster B- Very intersting book.








Movies






Key X= home viewing xx= theatre ^=previously viewed
















  • ^x Fever Pitch A- A Must see movie for any Red Sox Fan










  • ^x Little Manhatten B










  • x Autism The Musical B- A very insightful documentary that follows four families that have children with Autism and the hardships they go through. It is manily focussed around the children putting together a musical based on what is like to have the disability. Highly reccommended.










  • x Broadway The American Musical A- A PBS Documentary series which highlights the history of the Broadway Musical from the early 1900s- the present. Very interesting and insightful. You may learn stuff you never knew about your favorite musicals and the people who produced them . I sure did.










  • xx Hot Tub Time Machine D-
  • The tittle of the movie struck me as a little strange to begin with, That was actually the hook that lead me to go see the movie in the first place. I would think a good subtitle for the this movie would be Drunken Night leads to a blast to the past. Basically three guy friends who are in their forties accompanied by a young teenager go to a place where they partied together in high school to relive the past. The whole idea of the hot tub being used a a time portal to blast them back to 1986 is VERY unrealistic. Way too much crude humor and swearing in this film for my liking. I found the plot to be very boring and while this is supposed to be a comedy movie I found very few parts of it to be remotely funny. The sexual overtones were way too overdominant and that took away from the humor.









  • x The Secret D One of the most boring and uninteresting movies I have. The book it was based on was better. Self-help books should not be made into movies.










  • x Shrek The Third B-
  • Annie Get Your Gun A- This movie was really good. It made me really miss being in the play but I noticed a couple of differences between the play in the movie mostly that Dolly Tate and Annie's siblings Jessie,Minnie Nellie and Little Jake are only in two or three scenes throughout the whole movie while they seem to be in the play in more scenes. I still laugh during the ballroom scene when Annie is shaking hands with all the society ladis and there's one society lady who says delighted instead of charmed and Annie says "You gotta be charmed or chanted." I also found the historical feutuette at the beginning of the film to be interesting.












Upcoming Movies I plan on seeing *Iron Man 2 Release date May 7th *Date Night *Sex and The City 2 Release Date May 22nd *Eclipse Release Date June 30th *Eat Pray Love release date late summer Shrek The Final Chapter Release Date May 21st





No comments:

Followers