About Me

My photo
Amherst, NH, United States
I am 25 years old and I live in NH. I have mild cerebal palsy but I have never let that affect me. I am very passionate about theatre and writing. For my professional theatre blog go to http://theatretechdiva.weebly.com

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Flashback to the 80s

I feel the need to make it known that The Wedding Singer is one of my favorite movies starring NH native Adam Sandler. When I first heard it was going to be made into a Broadway Musical I was very excited. I was diappointed I didn't get to go New York to go see it so natuarally when I first heard Peacock Players was doing it as one of their mainstage shows I immediately jumped at the chance to go see it. When I saw it featured on NH Chronicle last week it made me even more excited to go see it. This show did not disappoint me in the least bit.

For those not familiar with the movie the basic plot is a wedding singer named Robbie Hart ( Michael Morrissey) is set to get married to his fiance Linda (Jenna Enos) but is left standing at the altar on his wedding day. He then falls in love with waitress Julia Sullivan (Danielle Lussier) who is engaged to Wall Street tycoon Glenn Guila (Kaleb Wells). This provides for a complicated love triangle as Julia falls in love with Robbie and realizes she isn't as in love with Glenn as she originally. For those who didn't get to see the play or have not seen the movie I will not spoil the ending all I will say is that it's very happy.
This show provided a lot of energetic dance numbers and equal amounts of 80s nostalgia with cameo appearance from such 80s music artists as Cyndi Lauper (Caitlin Donohue) and Billy Idol (Tony Travagalini) The cast had a diverse amount of local talent which included Morrissey, Lussier, Enos, Wells, Alyssa Dumas (Holly) Andrew Barrett Cox (George) and Rachel Ihde (Rosie). Favorite musical numbers included A Note From Grandma, Saturday Night In The City,If I Told You and Grow Old With You.

Great job to the cast and crew of Wedding Singer on an amazing performance!


Coming Up:
  • Benefit Concert for Summer Theatre in Meredith Village The Summer Theatre's Great American Musical Song Book (Condenced) May 29th
  • The Drowsy Chaperone Ogunquit Playhouse June 19 or June 26th Haven't decided when we're going yet.
  • Fiddler on The Roof Summer Theatre in Meredith Village. If we plan things accordingly what I'm hoping to do is go see a JI show in the morning and see Fiddler at night. It will depend on time and budget.
  • Chicago Summer Theatre in Meredith Village July 30th

No comments:

Followers