About Me

My photo
Amherst, NH, United States
I am 25 years old and I live in NH. I have mild cerebal palsy but I have never let that affect me. I am very passionate about theatre and writing. For my professional theatre blog go to http://theatretechdiva.weebly.com

Friday, December 24, 2010

Breaking down the Glee Christmas Album

I have listened to the Glee Christmas Album extensively because they are always playing it in my department at work. Though the Christmas Season is almost over I felt it was worth anyway to review the album song by song

Track 1: We Need A Little Christmas A wonderful rendition of the song from the musical Mame. (Which I need to rent if I can find a movie version of it does anyone know if this exists)
Rating out of 10. 9
Track 2: Deck The Rooftop A very interesting mashup of Deck The House and Up on The Rooftop. Not sure if I am the biggest fan of it.
Rating out out of 10: 7.5
Track 3 : Merry Christmas Darling A wonderful rendition of the song by The Carpenters
Rating out of 10: 8
Track 4: Baby It's Cold Outside Chris Colfer and Darren Criss did an amazing cover of this song. I could play it over and over and not get sick of it.
Rating out of 10: 8.5
Track 5: The Most Wonderful Day of The Year The episode could have really done without what I felt was a lackluster performance of the song from the classic children's holiday special Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer
Rating 5
Track 6: Last Christmas A modern day rendition of Wham's holiday classic
Rating 6.5
Tracks 7 8,9,11 and 12 God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen, Oh Christmas Tree, Jingle Bells, Angels We Have Heard On High and Oh Holy Night Wonderful renditions of Christmas carols everyone is familiar with.
Rating for all 5 songs 10
Track 10 You're A Mean One Mr. Grinch Wasn't really a big fan about the whole Grinch aspcst of the episode or the version they did of this song
Rating 5.5

Overall grade for the whole Album B+

Merry Christmas Everyone!

No comments:

Followers