About Me

My photo
Amherst, NH, United States
I am 25 years old and I live in NH. I have mild cerebal palsy but I have never let that affect me. I am very passionate about theatre and writing. For my professional theatre blog go to http://theatretechdiva.weebly.com

Monday, November 14, 2011

Random Thought














While I don't like to dwell on the past too much sometimes I can't help but wonder how things would have been different had I handled everything related to the Barn Playhouse differntly?
By handling it differenly I mean:


  • not being too in people's faces with sending emails

  • not letting stuff I couldn't control bother me

  • not dwell on my falling out with Will Porter bother me so much and just let that roll with the punches.



Looking back over my old livejounal entires ( that did not make the transfer cut to blogger for obvious reasons) the biggest thing I realized was that I obviously did not react to things is relevant situations to issues related to NLBP in the most mature fashion. I certainly do regret those actions but I don't let them drag me down anymore, Not by any means. I have crossed that bridge and am quite happy with everything that is going on! :)


I found that letting the past drag me down has been my biggest issue over the past 3 years. (2007-2010)



A misconception I feel my Barn Playhouse friends may not understand is that I have a learning disabiliy that comes with a tendancy to become obssessed with things. Obsession is by far what led to my issues with moving on from the Barn. I am not sure how many people actually picked up on that but if you did... excellent deductions! I don't let my disability define me and never have. If any resentfulness should exist it would be a great hope of mine that people would be able to put it aside and not let my past mistakes define me.


Which brings me to mention something in the present, My most recent project which is a collaborative effort with my mother Andrew Cass & Toby Tarnow which is bringing her children's books Princess KIM and The That Grew and Princes KIM and Too Much Truth to the stage. We are compiling a database of theatres to promote our play too. Please let me know what theatres you have worked at since leaving the Barn Playhouse.


No comments:

Followers