About Me

My photo
Amherst, NH, United States
I am 25 years old and I live in NH. I have mild cerebal palsy but I have never let that affect me. I am very passionate about theatre and writing. For my professional theatre blog go to http://theatretechdiva.weebly.com

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Update

This entry consists of a little bit of this and a little bit of that.



I recently went to two benefit concerts and I am going to another tomorrow. The first benefit concert was on April 23rd and it was a benefit for victims of January earthquake in Haiti. I got there a littl late because of I got of work at 6:00. The concert featured local bands Undertow, The Fitted Shirt,The Yellow Team and The Sea Captains (which has two fellow SHS music department members Chris St Lawrence and Marty Morrissey) The concert was organized by Kelly Dubois a senior at SHS and I must say was enjoyable and very well organized. The second benefit concert was last weekend at Moultoborough Academy in Moultonborugh. This benefit concert was for Summer Theatre in Meredith Village and was comprised of four performers Brittany Bara,Maxim Gijkham, Brooke White and Scott Sowinski This concert had a variety of music in it which varied from Broadway hits to songs from this seasons shows. Lots of a great songs and way too many to pick a favorite. L00king so forward to this season at Summer Theatre in Meredith Village! The third benefit concert is tomorrow night and it was organized by my sister and her Ethics Forum class. I am looking forward to it because I went to it last year and enjoyed myself. The Sea Captains are performing as well as a few other local bands.

My next journalistic ventue was writing an article on summer stock theatre for NH To Do Magazine. The July Issue will be out in a few weeks and I am very excited to have my first magaine piece published. Yay!

After much discussion Rae Matt and I finally came to a mutal decision about what shows to see in New York. We decided to see Jersey Boys and Come Fly With Me. I am very excited about seeing these shows especially Jersey Boys. My parents saw that in Chicago last year and I have heard good things about it from them. Our back ups are Billy Elliot, West Side Story and In The Heights. Hopefully we are able to get good ticket discounts.

American Idol Finale: It was Crystal and Lee down to the wire. Lee ended up winning which was shocking because I was almost positive that Crystal had it in the bag. Oh well they will both have amazing careers post Idol
Glee: The finale is next week. It seems like this part of the season was shorter in comparison to the first half of the season. I missed last week's episode but in that episode it was discovered that Shelby, the coach of Vocal Adreneline is Rachel's mom. I am very happy about this. I think Lea Michele and Idina Menzel make a dynamic pair. Not to mention they look like twins. I felt bad for Rachel in this week's episode because the people from Vocal Adrenaline ganged up on her. Jesse didn't particular look like he wanted to be involved but reluctantly joined in leaving Rachel in the parking lot covered with eggs. The queestion of where Quinn has been living was finally answered. I had been confused about that for several weeks. She is living with Puck but Mercedes invited her to move in with her so I am happy about that.. an unexpected twist in the plot.
So You Think You Can Dance: I didn't think I would be watching So You Think You Can Dance because last season left me really unfullfilled. This season they are doing allstar picking a top 10 intead of a top 20 and bringing back people from previous seasons. I am looking forward to watching and I didn't think I would be saying that. Mia Michaels is back as a judge which makes me elated. Mary Murphy is gone which makes me even happier.

No comments:

Followers