About Me

My photo
Amherst, NH, United States
I am 25 years old and I live in NH. I have mild cerebal palsy but I have never let that affect me. I am very passionate about theatre and writing. For my professional theatre blog go to http://theatretechdiva.weebly.com

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

So You Think Can Dance Week 1

So You Think You Can Dance Season 7 is off to a so so start. This year they are doing All Stars. I am not sure I like this idea because I would much rather see this season's dancers paired up with each other. Most of the dances had good chemistry with their all star counterparts. I also don't like how the went directly to top 10 (top 11) I think having top 20 allowa rhe dancers moew time to get used to specifc styles which is what I honestly think was lacking in some of tonight's performances
Top 11
Adecheckie
Alex
Alexie
Ashley
Billy
Christina
Jose
Kent
Lauren
Melinda
Robert

I am wicked happy Billy is back. He made it through to Vegas last year but then got sick and had to leave the show. Out of the guys I think him and Alex will be forces to be reckoned with At this point the only strong girls that I can see are Ashley and Alexie. The others stil have lots of room to grow.

Performances
Ratings 1-10 1 Horrible 10 Amazzing
Adechekie and Melinda had the weakest performances tonight rating a 6 and a 5 respectively. While Travis Wall's chreography is amazing this particualar Jazz performance was not one of the best. While Melinda's Jive was energetic and fun to works there were a few things the judges pointed out techinically that made the performance weak. Both of them could easily be in dancger fo going home. Out of the two hip hop perfoemances I liked Alexie's better. Her and Twitch definitley had a lot of good chemistry. Jose definitley broke out of his comfort zone and has a lot of room to grow through the rest of the season. Billy's performace of Footloose whie not one of my top favorite Broadway pieces is pretty up there. He is FLAWLESS. Alex's contemporay was absolutely breathtaking... i really have no other words to describe it besides that. I wasn't a huge fan of the pop jazz or Cha Cha pieces though Kent is pretty firece. I think that he will have it really tough against Billy and Alex as will Adecheke and Robert. Jose seems to be in a category that I can't classify. African Jazz is starting to become one of my favoire genres on the show and Robert did fabulous with his sxcuetion of the routine.

Ratings
Adechekie 6
Alex 10
Alexie 9
Ashley 9
Billy 8
Christina 7.5
Jose 7
Kent 7.5
Lauren 6
Melinda 5
Robert 7


REsults Bottom 3 Melinda Christina Alexie
Who went home Alexie
Not happy about these results at all. Alexie was much better than Adacheke and should have not gone home. She would have done really well if she had stayed next week, Adecheeke in my opinion was one of the weakest dancers and Kent was not that great either. I hope they don't continue to eliminate the good dancers or else the show will not be worth watching at all.

No comments:

Followers