About Me

My photo
Amherst, NH, United States
I am 25 years old and I live in NH. I have mild cerebal palsy but I have never let that affect me. I am very passionate about theatre and writing. For my professional theatre blog go to http://theatretechdiva.weebly.com

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Surprise!

Last weekend I went to New Jersey for a family function and I got a last minute surprise when my aunt's sister invited to go to a play with her her husband and her granddaughter Marissa. Usually I am not a fan of straight play and have more of fan of musicals but this play was the best play I've seen in awhile I have never laughed so hard.. not in a very long time.

The theatre we saw the show at was The Shakespeare Company of New Jersey located on the campus of Drew University ..a college I had never even heard of before. The play was called Noises Off. I am not sure how many people actually read this blog and how many people have heard of this show but as I said it is the funniest play I have seen in a very long time. It is a play within a play about an acting troupe who putting on a show. The first act is the final dress rehersal, the second act is the first preview of the show and the third act was their actual first performance of the production. It was really interesting concept. Those of you who are fans of the show and subsequent movie Sex and The City should take note that one of the actresses in this play, Lalia Robbins who played the character Belinda Blair. I do not know what character she played on Sex In The City. It would have been neat if I had gotten to meet her but unfortunately I didn't have a backstage pass like I did at HAIR. Overall it's a great play. The whole cast had really awesome chemistry. I highly reccommend it to anyone who is looking for a great laugh.



Upcoming Performances
October 16-25 The Foriegner Milford Area Players. Stay tuned for my next Milford Cabinet article all about the rehearsal process.
October 29-November 1st Seasonal Help New England College Carriage Theatre Ensemble Production

No comments:

Followers