About Me

My photo
Amherst, NH, United States
I am 25 years old and I live in NH. I have mild cerebal palsy but I have never let that affect me. I am very passionate about theatre and writing. For my professional theatre blog go to http://theatretechdiva.weebly.com

Thursday, March 11, 2010

American Idol Week 3

Please note: I will be taking two weeks off from watching Ameircan Idol. My schedule will be consumed with starting my new job and Bye Bye Birdie tech. ALSO PLEASE note there's a little less than a month left until the season two premiere of GLEE!!! WHO IS EXCITED?




American Idol Week 3 Summaries


Top

This week there were only two outstanding girl performances. Those performances were by Crystal and Sibohann. I think both of them have pretty good chances of getting into the top 12. Crystal sang Give Me One Reason by Tracy Chapman and her performance was my favorite one she has done up to this point. Siobhann sang House of The Rising Sun and her performance was flawless no pitch problems whatsoever. Lee Alex and Aaron had the outstanding performances on the guy's side. Aaron and Alex are becoming better at looking more confident on stage and it shows. Aaron is the powerhoue of the guys and I won't be too shocked if he makes it to the finale.
I would like to see a Siohann and Alex finale. Don't know how likely it is that that will happen.
Ratings
10 Siobhann and Lee
9 Aaron Alex and Crystal


Middle

Didi bounced back from two really bad performances in the past two weeks. She really connected with the song and the audience. I felt the same way about Katelyn. Last week her performance almost put me to sleep this week I almost wanted to get up and dance. Lilly did an interesting take on I Fall To Pieces by Patsy Cline. As Kara said she did a good job with making the song current. While this a valid point I think she totally butcherd the song. For the boys my middle ground performances were those from Casey and Tim, Casey has fallen a little low on my scale recently but this has been his best performance since Hollywood Week. He did fantastic with You'll Think of Me by Keith Urban. Tim did a mindblowing captivating rendition of Hallelujah. His perfromances have also been sub par over the past two weeks but he proved that he will be in this compettion for at least another couple weeks. Don't know if he'll make it to the finale though
Ratings
8 Katelyn and Tim
7.5 Didi
7 Casey
5. Lilly

Bottom

Katie just can't seem to succeed with picking a good song. This week she sang Breakaway by Kelly Clarkson.. while she didn't completely butcher it it was pitchy in certain spots.I honestly think she is in danger of going home this week and that makes me sad because she was my favorite from the very beginning and I was really hoping she would make it to the top 12. Lacey has most certainly overstayed her welcome.. I was actually disappointed that she didn't go home last week. I found her performance to be very boring and she picked a horrible song this week. Paige's performance of Smile did not do anything for me at all. Like the judges said it's a song that's made to inspire and uplift. She failed to make that connection and as Simon said it could very well be the end of the road for her. While Todrick did better than the past two weeks I really think he was all over the place with pitch in the song Somebody To Love by Queen. I really think Anndrew is at the end of the line. He really hasn't been able to deliver any stellar peformances. His performance since getting into the top 24 have been very inconsistant. He did horrible with Genie in A Bottle by Christina Aguliera. Big Mike is really shocker to be in my bottom this week. He has been pretty consistant since Hollywood Week but sadly his performance this week did nothing for me at all. He could easily in danger of going home but the judges seemed to like his performance so he could be safe.
Ratings
7 Katie
6.5 Paige
5. Andrew and Todrick
4. Big Mike and Lacey
Who I think should go home: Lilly and Paige, Todrick and Andrew
Who will go home Katie and Paige, Todrick and Big Mike
RESULTS!!!
I am so-so about tonight's results. I was really hoping Katelyn and Alex would make it to the top 12 because they were amazing. This did not happen much to my disappoitnment. Aside from a select few the top 12 does not have a lot of good vocal talent in it. I am very happy Katie is arounnd for another week.. she deserved to stay and get a second chance after all the horrendous song choices she has gotten hopefully she gets a Rolling Stones song that will blow her other performances out of the park next week. Paige and Lacey should not have made it. Their performances this week were boring and all their peformances since after Holloywood Week have been inconsistant. Hopefully Andrew gives a good performance next week that will balance out all of his inconsistant ones.

No comments:

Followers