About Me

My photo
Amherst, NH, United States
I am 25 years old and I live in NH. I have mild cerebal palsy but I have never let that affect me. I am very passionate about theatre and writing. For my professional theatre blog go to http://theatretechdiva.weebly.com

Saturday, March 21, 2009

2009 Tony Nomination Predictions

Having not gone to New York to see many shows it is hard for me to make predictions of which shows will get nominated for Tonys Below is a list of shows that are have opened over the past year and shows that are yet to open.Under each show title I will list what award I will predict they will get.
Shows That Have Opened/ Are Going To Open In 2008 and 2009
* I do not know which plays are new plays and which plays are revivals

2008
June 26 - Cirque Dreams Jungle Fantasy
July 17 - [title of show]
Best New Musical
Sept 18 - A Tale Of Two Cities
Sept 25 - Equus
Oct 2 - The Seagull
Oct 5 - 13
Best New Musical (runner up in case one of my orignal selections does not get picked)
Oct 7 - A Man for All Seasons
Oct 14 - To Be or Not to Be
Oct 16 - All My Sons
Oct 23 - Speed-the-Plow
Nov 13 - Billy Elliot
Best New Musical
Best Score
Best Chreography
Best Leading Actor In A Musical
Nov 17 - American Buffalo
Nov 20 - Dividing the Estate
Nov 23 - White Christmas
Dec 3 - Liza's At The Palace
Dec 7 - Slava's Snowshow
Dec 14 - Shrek: The Musical
Best Leading Actreess Sutton Foster
Best Leading Actor Brian D'Arcy James
Best Costume Design
Best New Musical
Dec 18 - Pal Joey
2009
Jan 15 - Soul of Shaolin Jan
22 - The American Plan
Jan 25 - Hedda Gabler
Feb 5 - You're Welcome America. A Final Night with George W Bush
Feb 19 - The Story of My Life
Mar 1 - Guys and Dolls
Best Revival for A Musical
Mar 9 - 33 Variations
Mar 15 - Blithe Spirit
Mar 19 - West Side Story
Best Revial for A Musical
Best Chreography (there are tons of good dance #s in this musical)
Mar 22 - God of Carnage
Mar 24 - Impressionism Mar 26 - Exit The King
Mar 29 - Irena's Vow
Mar 30 - Happiness
Mar 31 - Hair Seeing this on April 25th CANNOT WAIT!!
Best Revial for A Musical
Best Scrore for a Musical
Apr 2 - reasons to be pretty
Apr 7 - Rock of Ages
Apr 15 - Next to Normal
Apr 16 - Joe Turner's Come and Gone
Apr 19 - Mary Stuart
Apr 23 - The Norman Conquests
Apr 26 - The Philanthropist
Apr 27 - Desire Under the Elms
Apr 29 - Accent on Youth
Apr 30 - 9 to 5
Best New Musical
Apr 30 - Waiting for Godot
Apr 30 - Tony Nomination Cut Off

No comments:

Followers