About Me

My photo
Amherst, NH, United States
I am 25 years old and I live in NH. I have mild cerebal palsy but I have never let that affect me. I am very passionate about theatre and writing. For my professional theatre blog go to http://theatretechdiva.weebly.com

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

End of an Era and a new beginning for me

The entry that used to be here I realized was lengthy and way too full of whining. That is why I have erased it and decided to start over with a clean slate. It has been 4 years since I left the Barn Playhouse and I am in a much better state of mind then I was when I wrote the original whiney entry.

I don't have anything against anyone who currently works at the Barn Playhouse. I never did, I never will. Looking back I was definitley resentful toward the changes that were happening there. I had trouble accepting that for the LONGEST time. At this point in time I do not understand why I did. What's the past is the past. I can't let the past dictate the future. That's how things felt for me for awhile actually. People in my intern company were frusturated with me... I don't blame them for being as such. I know that friendships are non-withstanding and love is there.:) Despite this I hope people don't start to resent me for the way I acted.

This summer I have been freelancing for Nancy at Summer Theatre In Meredith Village and things have been going splendid. I couldn't be happier actually. This season has been great. It wraps up this week with Buddy The Buddy Holly Story which I am super excited for since I missed it the first time they did it because I was out of the country. It should be a great show. The great thing about STMV is that I've been able to reconnect with the people I worked with at the Barn and catch up on how they are doing and they have been up to. I actually look forward to see who from my intern company Nancy will cast. It's always great to see them again, :) Up to this point Nancy has cast John Baker, Marco Recchoni (did I spell that right?), Brandon Santoro (JI artistic director for three seasons), Lytle Harper, Maggie Politi, Christina Giordano Matt Densky, Jason Burrow Matt Rickard and Colleen Fee. Matt Forbes and Louie Napoleone have also been on the tech staff in past seasons and so have Sam and Jason Burrow. I get to see Jason and Sam on Sunday when I go see Buddy Holly and meet their baby Samuel so excitef for that. :) Next summer the line up includes Singing In The Rain, Annie, West Side Story, Nunsenese and Little Shop of Horrors.. So excited for these shows ESPECIALLY Little Shop of Horrors. :D Little Shop was my favorite show during our season at the Barn Playhouse so I look incredibly forward to seeing what Summer Theatre In Meredith Village (I can't quite get used to calling it Interlakes Summer Theatre) does with it.

The word of the day here is Acceptance! Acceptance of change. Embracing that change. Living in the present and not the past. Acceptance of the fact that people don't forget the good times from that summer... they just move on. Imoved on too.. as loong as it took me I moved on. I am a better person for this change I have experienced. It has really opened my eyes a lot to how I act in certain situations :)


For furthur insight on this issue please see the subsequent entry in my Life As We Know It Blog
http://heyitsj9.blogspot.com

No comments:

Followers