About Me

My photo
Amherst, NH, United States
I am 25 years old and I live in NH. I have mild cerebal palsy but I have never let that affect me. I am very passionate about theatre and writing. For my professional theatre blog go to http://theatretechdiva.weebly.com

Saturday, August 13, 2011

"Even though we're sitting down we're giving you a standing ovation"

The quote in the subject line is one of many witty lines from the Mel Brooks Comedy The Producers. Once again I saw another amazing performance by the Riverbend Youth Company directed by Tom Partridge, Musical direction by Kim Whitehead and Chreography by Liz Calabria. Tonight was the last show of the Producers. I apologize in advance for having the dates wrong in my Cabinet article in which I said it was ending tomorrow.

I honestly could not stop laughing the whole time! For those not familar with the show the story line is a broadway producer Max Biaylstock (Patrick O'Mara) is looking for produce the next big Broadway flop. He meets a jittery accountant Leo Bloom (Joey Abis) and they become business partners with the goal to produce a show that is sure to get negative press. The decide on the show Springtime for Hitler and get permission from Franz Leibkind (Patrick McKnight) to direct the show. They then get Roger Debris (Patrick Quinn) to direct the show and from there hillarity ensues. I don't want to spoil the ending in case there are people who read this blog who have never seen the show or the movie. Standout musical numbers include I Want To Be A Producer, Keep It Gay and Springtime For Hitler!

This is the first time Riverbend Yourh Company has every done a summer show and what a great show to start such a wonderful new tradition with. Congrats to the cast crew and production team on a FABULOUS performance. Good luck to all the incoming college freshmen on your post Riverbend endeavors!

No comments:

Followers