About Me

My photo
Amherst, NH, United States
I am 25 years old and I live in NH. I have mild cerebal palsy but I have never let that affect me. I am very passionate about theatre and writing. For my professional theatre blog go to http://theatretechdiva.weebly.com

Monday, August 8, 2011

Third time's a charm for Cabaret

Just got back from seeing Cabaret at Interlakes Summer Theatre. As per natural the show was amazing. This is third time I have seen Cabaret. The first was in high school my junior year ( looking back on that it was bit riskee for high school) and the second time four years ago at NLBP. I tried to make a comparison/ contrast between the performance four years ago and this one but I found it hard to do because both groups of people performing were amazingly talented. If you wish you can scrol l down a few entries to video clip I posted from the Cabaret rehearsal from the Barn. Sadly I must admit that that video was not of very good quality.





Anyway on to tonight's performance.. which again was stellar. Cabaret was directed and chreographed by Brain Feehan (who I saw tonight at the show. It was fabulous to see him again! :) ) and runs through August 14th.





I would classify this musical as somewhat dark mostly because it is set during the rise of the Third Reich. I have noticed a common trend in the shows this summer that in one way or another they seem to be love stories. This time around the two central couples are Clifford Bradshaw and Sally Bowles (Dara Hartman and Sean Pack) and Fraulein Schinder and Herr Schultz ( Sue Boland and Todd Allan Little) The play is set in 1930s Berlin wheere Cliff meets Sally at the Kit Kat Club where she works. Pack and Hartman were spot on with their portrayls of these leads. (Much like their Barn Playhouse counterparts Nic Rouleau and Caroline Massagee -please see video of Perfectly Marvelous a few entries down). Another stand out was Matt Rickard as the EMCEE. While the setting of this musical is some what dark some of the songs are lighthearted such as Perfectly Marvelous, It Couldn't Please Me More and Married. Hartman did outstanding renditions of Maybe This Time and


Cabaret.


This is certainly not to be missed.


Side NOTE 1 : I get confused generally speaking because there seem to be two versions of Cabaret. I noticed a few songs that were in the version we did at the Barn (Meeskite and Why Should I Wake Up?) which were not in the version I saw tonight and Maybe This Time was not in the version we did at the Barn. Can someone explain why certain songs are not in one version of the play?





Side Note 2 : Next Year's Season has been announced!


Nunsense


Annie


Singing In The Rain
West Side Story


LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS!! YAY!!! I am so excited for this.






No comments:

Followers