About Me

My photo
Amherst, NH, United States
I am 25 years old and I live in NH. I have mild cerebal palsy but I have never let that affect me. I am very passionate about theatre and writing. For my professional theatre blog go to http://theatretechdiva.weebly.com

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Willy Wonka

So things have been hectic and super stressful with job searching and I haven't gotten the chance to blog about going to see Willy Wonka JR @ the Boys and Girls Club on Jan 20th so now I will take the opportunity to do as such.

I loved the book Charlie and The Chocolate Factory when I was a kid so when I first found out the Riverbend Youth Company was doing Willy Wonka Jr I was really excited. I was very impressed with the depth of the talent with the students who are in the Riverbend Youth Company. This theatre troupe is made up of middle and high school students from Amherst, Mt Vernon, Hollis, Brookline and Nashua. Everything about this show was well done singing,chreography the works. It was a very much enjoyed performance. I think my favorite song from the show was Think Positiive. It was very upbeat and lively and exatcly the way that people should be thinking in these tough economic times.
I look foward to seeing more Riverbend Youth Company productions in the future.

The NH Theatre Awards were on Thursday. I didn't get to go to the ceremony because I didn't have a ride and I also had other stuff to do that night but I was excited to find out that quite a few local shows and actors from Peacock Players and Milford Area Players won awards. Congrats to alll!

Upcoming Shows I will be seeing
February 14th Godspell @ Peacock Players
March 9th Dirty Dancing in Boston with Nashua Tech College Theatre Club
Weekend of March 27th
  • Souhegan Spring Musical Pirates of Penzance
  • CTE Spring Show- A Night of One Acts

No comments:

Followers