About Me

My photo
Amherst, NH, United States
I am 25 years old and I live in NH. I have mild cerebal palsy but I have never let that affect me. I am very passionate about theatre and writing. For my professional theatre blog go to http://theatretechdiva.weebly.com

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Of Jazz and Jesus Christ

Happy Valentines Day!

Last night I went to Jazz night at my alma mater Souhegan High School. We got there a little bit late but it was a pretty good show over all. We caught the end of the Weymouth High School Jazz Band's act and they were pretty good. I had not seen a Souhegan Jazz Band performance since I graduated in 2004 so it was a welcome additon to my theatre viewing schedule. I was very impressed with what I heard. The set started off with the familiar tune Groovin Hard and also played a Jazzy version of the church hymm Amazing Grace which I thought was pretty neat. They also played The Rooster and a latin tune which title is slipping my mind right now. Then a quartet from Massachusetts called Witchhunt played and I thought they were pretty awesome. We only stayed for one song of the Mike Valeres Band but they were really good too. I hope to go another Jazz night soon. Must keep my eyes peeled to the Amherst Citizen to see when the next one is going to be.

Tonight my boyfriend and I were delighted by the Peacock Players performance of Godspell. Godspell is one of my all-time favorite musicals and they did a truly wonderful job with it. Once again I was blown away by the talent of the cast as I was blown away by the talent of those who were in the Christmas Spectacular in December. Notable performances were by Day by Day (Chelsea Delacy and company) All For The Best (Jesus,Andrew and Company, Bless The Lord My Soul ( Caitlin Donohue and Company) and Turn Back O Man ( Stephanie Hogan and company) Congrats to cast crew and production staff Tim L'Ecruyer (Director) Judy Hayward (Musical Director) and Martha Daniels Holland (Chreographer)




Upcoming Performances
March
  • March 9th Dirty Dancing in Boston with the Nashua Tech College Theatre Club
  • March 14-16 Honk JR @ Amherst Middle School
  • March 20-29th Jungle Book Kids @ Peacock Players
  • March 27-29th SHS Musical Pirates of Penzance ; Student Directed Once Act Plays @ my college

I plan on going to see Thoroughly Modern Millie at Kearsarge Regional High School in North Sutton because some of the kids I directed in Bravery Soup are in it. I do not know the dates yet.

People should come to see Peter Pan April 16th-19th @ Souhegan High School in Amherst.

My boyfriend and I postponed our trip to New York til later in the spring due to money issues. With the change of plans also came a change of what show we are going to see. Instead of going to see Billy Elliot we're going to see HAIR. I am super excited because I've always loved the music from that play especially Good Morning Starshine. Plus my friend Jay is in the cast and he's giving us a backstage tour! <3


No comments:

Followers