About Me

My photo
Amherst, NH, United States
I am 25 years old and I live in NH. I have mild cerebal palsy but I have never let that affect me. I am very passionate about theatre and writing. For my professional theatre blog go to http://theatretechdiva.weebly.com

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Time Warp to The 20s and Dance til Your Diva is Through

It's been awhile since I last wrote. Things have been hectic between job searching and my busy day of traveling yesterday. Two shows to cover today

First is The Boyfriend  performed by the Riverbend Youth Company at the Boys and Girls Club of  Souhegan Valley.    This was a very fun play with lots of lively and catchy tunes. The play is set in the French Rivera in the 1920s at a boarding school for young girls.  It was one of the most touching love stories I've seen in awhile. There were moments when I felt the pain of  the characters that were so  in love especially the main character Polly  played  by Souhegan High School sophomore Aly Mcknight and some points when I could stop laughing.  Truly an enjoyable show and lots of songs are definitely worth the download to my ipod once more money is added to my account.
Friday was  the annual  Evening of Dance at my high school.  My sister is on the dance team so  I went mainly to support her and the dance team but there were a lot of good performances.  There is so much talent among the Souhegan High School population it was quite impressive. With the exception of a few   I've been to  every single Evening of Dance since I was a freshmen in  High School.  I wish  I had half  the talent  as some of the people I went to school with and  the people I saw on Friday night do.
Favorite Dances
Monica and Tammanna Ghandi  Traditional Bollywood Songs
 Danielle Wilson  I've Got Your Remedy
Dance Company  Single Ladies  This dance  was neat because it was all done  with shadows.. quite the concept.
All numbers by SHS Dance Team
  1 2 Step     Middle School  Students Chereographed for Jayme Rae Ward's Senior Project.

Congrats to all  involved in Evening of Dance  on an amazing show.


I'm taking a month hiatus from going to see shows because of money issues. The summer will definitely be busy.
July 10th or 11th     Grease at Interakes Summer Theatre.   I really would like to see my friend Brandon's directorial debut of the Junior Intern Show Alice in Wonderland but I have to see what day everyone else wants to go.
Last week of July  The Producers at NLBP.  My friend Cooper has a friend from high school who is in the intern company this summer so I have to find out  if and when he is planning on coming down to  see the show so that way we can go  as a group me him Matt Erin and Heather.  If this doesn't work out our back up plan is either Little Shop of Horrors at Peterborough Players or Sound of Music at Interlakes Theatre. 
August  Almost Maine @ Arundel Barn Playhouse

No comments:

Followers