About Me

My photo
Amherst, NH, United States
I am 25 years old and I live in NH. I have mild cerebal palsy but I have never let that affect me. I am very passionate about theatre and writing. For my professional theatre blog go to http://theatretechdiva.weebly.com

Saturday, May 2, 2009

The Underground Tour a successful endeavor







L

Top to Bottom Chris Michaud, Permanent Holiday and the tshirt with the list of bands

Upcoming Events




May 8th- Signals An Evening of Movement and Dance NEC Annual Movement Concert
May 9th The Boyfriend Riverbend Youth Company ( see below post for preview article)
mid may Evening of Dance at Souhegan High School
June 5th- Benefit concert my sister is doing for Ethics Forum to raise funds for a school they are building in Sierra Leone.
June 11th-17th *exact day we are going to see the show to be determined* Straw Hat Revue @ NLBP


Today I went to the spring carnival at my college. It was nothing too exciting.. it was actually quite a lot better last year. My friend Steph Murphy has her own radio show called The Underground and she organized a concert as part of the spring carnival called The Underground Tour which is actually still going on as we speak. My boyfriend and I had to leave early just because of the fact we had a long day of travel and have a busy couple of days ahead of both of us. The Underground Tour consisted of local bands and musicians from New Hampshrire and Masschuetts and there was one band who played that was from upstate New York. The bands and muscians that performed/ are stilll perfoming are as follows: My Favorite Ex, The Yellow Team, Famous, Project 27, Permenant Holiday, As We Look To The Sky and Chris Michaud. The three performances we were able to see were Permanant Holiday, My Favorite Ex and Chris Michaud. Permanant Holiday was pop rock and they were pretty good. My Favorite Ex was more alternative and they were pretty decent as well. Chris Michaud was an an acoustic guitarist and I think he was my favorite out of the three because his songs were really easy for me to relate to and very enjoyable for me to listen too.

Great job Steph for organizing such a fun event I look foward to coming next year!









No comments:

Followers