About Me

My photo
Amherst, NH, United States
I am 25 years old and I live in NH. I have mild cerebal palsy but I have never let that affect me. I am very passionate about theatre and writing. For my professional theatre blog go to http://theatretechdiva.weebly.com

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Breaking Down: Rumors and Now and Then

Get ready for a Glee and American Idol DOUBLE UPDATE

Overall I haven't been a huge fan of Glee this season. On numerous ocassions I've gone out of my way to avoid watching the episodes. The number one thing irritates me is the lack of plot. Last season the plot and the songs seemed to mesh together very well. This season.. not so much.
Aside from this one three episodes this season have really been standouts
Audition
Never Been Kissed
Rocky Horror Glee Show

This week's episode was called Rumors and was Fleetwood Mac inspired. Loving the choice of theme this week. My favorite musical numbers were Go Your Own Way and Don't Stop Thinking About Tomorrow. LOVED LOVED the reappearance of April Rhodes and how she is encouraging Will to follow his dreams to go to Broadway. Loved their duet. Also love that Kurt is back at McKinley where he belongs. He just didn't fit in at all at Dalton Academy though I am happy he found a love interest in Blaine. They are adorable. Loved how Artie confronted Brittany about how Santana was treating her... hated how he called her stupid. I totally agree with Artie's viewpoint about Santana. She is being manipulative about trying to get Brittany to be with her when she truly does have emotions for Artie. Speaking of Brittany.. Fondue for Two was hysterical. I am begining to like Brittany's character a lot better than last season. Last seson I thought she was really ditzy and obnoxious. The story line with Sam was definitley relevant today's society and I almost cried after Finn and Rachel gave him the guitar and his little sister said "Don't cry Sammy." I hope they develop Sam character's more throughout future episodes. He could easily become my favorite male besides Finn.
Very excited for next week's prom episode .. especially that Jesse St James is back in the picture. Let's see where that storyline ends up. Rachel needs to move on from Finn and I personally think it would be great if she and Jesse ended up together. Ironically I am writing a fanfiction in which Rachel and Jesse reconnect with each other.. I call it good karma that the writers are including him in next week's episode.

Now on to American Idol

We're ALMOST down to the wire. Top 5. This week's theme was Now and Then. The contestants sang two songs a piece. One from present and one from the past.

Who remains: Lauren Scotty James, Jacob Haylee
Last week's elimination: Casey Another shocker! At the beginning of the season I picked him to be in the top three with Scotty and James which made me diappointed yet again in the voting public of Amercian Idol. Pia's elimination left me shocked too but that was different because the judges did not expect that at all. :(

Ratings:
Lauren 20 (Song 1 10 Song 2: 10)
Scotty and Haylee 17 Song 1: 10 Song 2 7
James 16 Song 1 6 Song 2 10
Jacob 11 Song 1: 6 Song 2 5

There was a great variety of songs tonight. Haylee took a chance with singing a Lady Gaga song that has not been released yet. Having not heard the song on the radio I can't give a really good summary of what I thought of the performance. I hope that choice doesn't put her in the bottom. She did amazing with House of The Rising Sun by The Animals (I'm pretty sure Allison Ireheta did that song three years ago and she did amazing with it too) She definitley redeemed herself with that song and loved how she started out Acapella. I didn't really care for either of Jacob's song choices and didn't really think he excuted either song very well. I think there is big chance he's going home this week. Scotty was amazing as always. Loved both of his songs. Lauren sang a new Carrie Underwood song and Unchained Melody by The Righeteous Brothers. She has grown as performer this season and I think she has a good chance of making it to the finale. Will she beat Scotty? Possibly. James sang Closer To The Edge by 30 Seconds To Mars and Without You by Harry Nelson. Didn't care for his first song at all. A bit too over the top for me but abosolutly adored how her showed his sensitvie side with the second song. Simply beautiful!

My predicted top 3: Haylee, Scotty James
Predicted Winner: Scotty
And honestly it's a toss up between Haylee and James for second place. Lauren will come in third one way or the other.

3 weeks til the American Idol Finale.... and the premiere of So You Think You Can Dance.

No comments:

Followers