About Me

My photo
Amherst, NH, United States
I am 25 years old and I live in NH. I have mild cerebal palsy but I have never let that affect me. I am very passionate about theatre and writing. For my professional theatre blog go to http://theatretechdiva.weebly.com

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Recap Prom & Funeral and Double Dose of Idol

Killer update this week since I didn't update last week. 2 finales and a season premiere next week! Looking foward to it all.



Glee Recap


Overall this seasom of Glee has been mediocre. As I've said previously only three episodes this season have really stood out to me.. this week's episode Funeral is joining the list of stand out episodes. I found this episode to be incredibly emotionally riveting. Sue's sister Jeannie died and it definitley brought out a differnet side of Sue. MY favorite musical number was Pure Imgination from Willy Wonka and The Chocolate Factory which was sung at the funeral for Sue's sister. Beautifully excueted number. Last week Jesse St James made a reappeance and in this eposode was a "consultant" for New Directions in this episode. He said he is trying to help the Glee club but I can definitley see through him and see that he is probably going to end up hurting Rachel again. He crossed the line when he said that Finn and Rachel did not make a good couple vocally. I love how Finn is looking out for Rachel but thought the fight between Jesse and Finn in the prom episode was very unneeded. I also didn't like how they killed off Sue's sister because she had down's syndrome. I don't know how accurate the information is about people with downs syndrome and their life span but I think it's innacurate because I know people who have this disability who are successful and I feel this downgrades them.
Best quote from this week's episode:"But I'm not Chinese" "And neither is the food at Panda Express".


Can't wait til the finale next week. :)


Favorite Episodes: Audition, Funeral, Never Been Kissed, Rocky Horror Glee Show






American Idol Recap








Grand totals of last weeks and this weeks performances sans James because he was eliminated. He sang Don't Stop Believin' by Journey and Love Potion #9. Out of the 2 I really liked Don't Stop Believin the best but he did pretty decent with Love Potion #9. He should have been in the top three instead of Haylee. This week the contestants sang three songs each... the first selection was thier choice the second of producer Jimmy Ivine and the third of the judges.





Top 3 Ratings


Lauren


Last Week Song 1: Anyway Martina Mcbride 10 Song 2: Trouble Elvis Presley 9 Total 19


This Week: Song 1: Faith Hill Wild One 10 Song 2: If Die Young Perry Song 3: I Hope You Dance Leann Womack 9 Total: 19 GRAND TOTAL 48
She did good both weeks. Our of all the songs she sang over the course of the past two weeks she my favorites were I Hope You Dance and Anyway. I am not familiar with the second song she sang last night but she did a wonderful rendition of it.

Haylee


Last Week Earth Song Michael Jackson 6 I Who Have Nothing 9 Total 15
This Week Song 1: What Is and What Shall Never Be Led Zepplin Song 2: Rhiannon Fleetwood Mac Song 3: You Outghaa Know Alanis Morriesette Total : 30 GRAND TOTAL: 45
Out of these five songs the weakest one was probably Earth Song. I am not even familiar with that song by Michael Jaclson. I am not really all that familar with I Who Have Nothing either. As for last night she did outstanding and think performing with her dad for the Led Zepplin song added something really special to the show. Love Fleetwood Mac and Alanis. I felt she did those songs excellent justice.

Scotty


Last Week Song One Alan Jackson Where Were You When The World Stopped Turning? 10 Song 2: Young Blood 6 Total 16
This Week Song 1: Amazed Lonestar 10 Song 2: Are You Gonna Kiss Me Or Not? 10 Song 3: She Beleives In Me Kenny Rogers 10 Total 30 GRAND TOTAL 46
Scotty has not had a bad performance all season long and is by far my favorite contestant. I have no other commentary to make though I didn't quite care for his second song last week.

Honestly tonight it was really hard to decide who to vote for because they were all amazing. In the end I ended up voting for Scotty because he has been pretty solid all the way through and he has been my favorite all season long. It's even harder to predict who goes home last week I was hoping Haylee would but this week she definitley redeemed herself.

RESULTS SCOTTY AND LAUREN ARE IN THE FINALE!! YAY!! I am super excited about seeing the tour on August 31st!

No comments:

Followers