About Me

My photo
Amherst, NH, United States
I am 25 years old and I live in NH. I have mild cerebal palsy but I have never let that affect me. I am very passionate about theatre and writing. For my professional theatre blog go to http://theatretechdiva.weebly.com

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Top 9- Rock and Roll Week Recap

Contestants who remain If highlighted in blue it means I'm predicting said person will be eliminated Casey Song: Have You Ever Seen The Rain? Artist: Creedance Clearwater Revival Rating out of 10: 10. Solid performance. Really loved his song choice. Haylee Song Take A Little Piece of My Heart Artist:Janis Joplin Rating out of 10: 9. Not familiar with this song but I thought it was a good fit for her and that she did very well with it. Jacob Song: Man In The Mirror Michael Jackson Rating out out of 10:9 He stayed very true to MJ's style. Really loved his emotion. Overall a great performance James Song: My Guitar Gently Weeps Artist; George Harrison He showed a more softer,sensitive side of himself with this performance and I love him for that. Very powerful and heartfelt performance Rating out of 10: Between 8. 5<~9 Lauren Song:Natural Woman Artist: Aretha Franklin Rating out of 10: 10: Did Aretha utter justice with her rendition. Flawless Paul Song: Folsom Prison Blues Artist: Johnny Cash Rating Out of 10: Between 8.5~>9 Not familar with this song at all but I enjoyed this performance a lot. It was one of my favorite ones of the night. Very energetic Pia Song River Deep Mountain High Artist Tina Turner Rating out of 10:9 She continues her track record of consistancy with amazing vocals. This song was a really good choice for her. Scotty Song: That's Alright Artist: Elvis Presly Rating out of 10: 9 Like Pia his performance remain consistany. I like how he was able to break out of his shell this week and thought this Elvis Presly song was a good way for him to do that. Stefano Song: When A Man Loves A Woman Artist:Percy SledgeRating out of 10 Between 6.5~>7 In the beginning I thought Stefano had a really good chance of making it to the finale. As of right now I am not sure. With tonight's performance included his performances in the past 3 weeks have been underwhelming. He has also been in the bottom three twice. I think there's a pretty good chance he could go home this week. Who got my votes: Pia and James Results: Bottom James Pia Stefano Who Went Home Pia Comments: In past seasons I would have blamed the judges for playing favorites when it came to contestant I didn't like. This week all the judges were in agreement that something was wrong with this result. Pia was the powerhouse talent of the girls this year. She has also been my top favorite female performer. I find Haylee and LAuren to be subpar in comparison to Pia. Stefano should have gone home. His performances in the past couple weeks have not good. Shame on your America for sending a true talent home! PLEASE NOTE: Due to Music Man tech week I will not be watching American Idol next week and I will also miss the upcoming episode of Glee on the 19th because I will be at a meeting. My next Glee/AI combined recap will be on April 26th.

No comments:

Followers