About Me

My photo
Amherst, NH, United States
I am 25 years old and I live in NH. I have mild cerebal palsy but I have never let that affect me. I am very passionate about theatre and writing. For my professional theatre blog go to http://theatretechdiva.weebly.com

Friday, February 26, 2010

Random Theatre Facts About Me

Saw a similar entry in Anna's( Costume Queen's) blog and was inspired to do one of my own.

1. One of my most embarrasing theater memories was in the summer before 4th grade. I was in an acting camp in Wakefield Mass and for an ensemble number everyone sang I Whistle A Happy Tune from the King and I. There was a part of the song where we had to take out kazoos. My kazoo got stuck in pocket and by the time I got it out the song was pretty much over. My family thinks that is funny.
2. One of my favorite musicals has always been A Chorus Line. I've always dreamed of being Diana Morales... though I am not of ethnic decent. I have many other dream roles but that is my main one.
3. The first show I ever did tech work for was HAIR my sophomore year in high school. I hated it. I saw it on Broadway last year and loved it. With maturity comes understanding of the plot line.
4. In my honest opinion CATS is one of the most boring musicals ever made. Ironically it's one of the longest running shows on Broadway so people must have really liked it.
5. If I was a guy my dream role would be Seymour from Little Shop of Horrors.
6. The two showtunes that make me cry are What I Did For Love from A Chorus Line and Suddenly Seymour from Little Shop of Horrors.
7. The second most boring play I have seen was Phantom of The Opera followed by The Mikado
8. I think the cutest broadway couples are Audrey and Seymour from Litttle Shop, Cliff Bradshaw and Sally Bowles from Cabaret and Rolf and Liesl from Sound of Music.
9. My favorite play I have teched is a toss up between Fuddy Meers and Mr. 80%.
10. Out of the roles I have played my favorite role has been ensemble in Annie Get Your Gun.
11. If I had a lot of money I would spend a week in New York and see as many of the shows currently on Broadway as possible.
12. Alll together I have seen over 100 shows. 6 on Broadway and somewhere between 90-100 in community theatre. Out of all the shows I've seen my favorites have been Godspell, Grease, Sound of Music and Little Shop of Horrors.

No comments:

Followers