About Me

My photo
Amherst, NH, United States
I am 25 years old and I live in NH. I have mild cerebal palsy but I have never let that affect me. I am very passionate about theatre and writing. For my professional theatre blog go to http://theatretechdiva.weebly.com

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Forbidden Broadway= funniest show I've ever seen

For Valentines Day Matt and I went to Peacock Players to go see Forbidden Broadway. I never saw this show when it was in New York so I was INCREDIDBLY happy to find out that Peacock Players had as part of their mainstage season this year. For those not familar with Forbidden Broadway I suggest looking it up on you tube. When I worked at the Barn Playhouse Matt Forbes and I used to watch those videos on youtube when we were on our lunch breaks (i think Bobby was with us on a few occassions too) Pretty hilarious stuff! What Forbidden Broadway basically is a parody of different musicals or songs from musicals. For example CATS was one of the shows they parodied (figured I'd pick the show that's my least favorite to talk about first) In this scene they parodied the song I Hope I Get It from A Chorus Line only the CATS were auditoning for shows. They also parodied Memory and that was one of the most humourous numbers (performed by Alex Giggey) Chelsea Delacy did an exceptional job singing a parody of Part of Your World from Little Mermaid which brings up a valid point that musicals based on Disney movies have seemed to overtake Broadway a lot in recent years (to me Beauty and The Beast and Lion King have really been the ones that were good though I have yet to see Lion King, based on hearsay it's pretty amazing) (insert your own opinions of Little Mermaid,Tarzan or Mary Poppins here because I haven't seen those) The Lion King number (which featured Mike Morrissory,Alyssa Dumas and Zack Uliaz) also touched on that briefly. The Old Revivals! number which featured Bailie Delacy, Dan Quinion, Tony Clements, Cameron Van Dyke, Katy Piszcek,Joe Messina, Alyssa Dumas, Laura Spence and Becca Tarr was the most enjoyable number of the whole show for me. Other people's opinions may vary. Overall the show was great and I highly reccommend it to anyone.

Congrats to the Cast and Crew on an amazing performance and to Alyssa Dumas, Becky Schneebaum and Tim L'Ecyuer for their top 3 Nomianations for Spring Awakening and Keith Weirich and Andrew Barret Cox for Joseph and The Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat at the NH Theatre Awards ..and also to Tony Clements for his amazing performance at the theatre awards for Close Every Door From Joseph. :)


In honor of Valentines Day I have decided to post the video of On My Phone which parodies On My Own from Les Miserables. One of my favorite broadway love songs

No comments:

Followers