About Me

My photo
Amherst, NH, United States
I am 25 years old and I live in NH. I have mild cerebal palsy but I have never let that affect me. I am very passionate about theatre and writing. For my professional theatre blog go to http://theatretechdiva.weebly.com

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Poem- Skid Row as A Metaphor

I wrote this poem after I graduated college two years ago. I tried to use Skid Row as a metaphor but don't know if that worked effectively. What are people's thought of my use of Skid Row as a metaphor?


Escape from Skid Row
(using Skid Row as a metaphor)

Skid Row isn't glitz and glamour
but there's more to it than meets the eye
for there's a certain allure to it if you will
I'm from a common town
here there’s not that much to do
but it depends on your point of view
guys aren't drips hereit's scenic most of the year
I'm like Seymour in a lot of ways
with a dream that he's trying to achieve
although I guess our dreams are differentt
hough ultimately both of our goals
are to get away from small town life.
In our own ways we wantto break free from mediocrity
for a change
"Show me how and I will I'll get out of here"
I'm still in transitionon my waymy destination goal is Portsmouth
the town by the ocean
I'll get there!

No comments:

Followers