About Me

My photo
Amherst, NH, United States
I am 25 years old and I live in NH. I have mild cerebal palsy but I have never let that affect me. I am very passionate about theatre and writing. For my professional theatre blog go to http://theatretechdiva.weebly.com

Saturday, January 10, 2009

What will 2009 hold for me?

Happy New Year Everyone
As for many people the holidays were busy and hectic for me. I am glad they are over and sincereley hope the economy improves soon because I am really sick of looking for employment at this point. I am updating to write a review of holiday theatre preformances that I have seen.
On Dec 21st I saw The Christmas Spectacular at Peacock Players with my boyfriend Matt. That was a lovely way to divert my attention away from job search stress/disppointment. The Christmas Spectacular was a holiday variety show that featured current members and alumni of Peacock Players as well as some preformances from Northern Ballet Theatre Company who performed excepts from the Nutcracker. Familar christmas carols such as Silver Bells,Joy To The World, Carol of The Bells and I'll Be Home For Christmas were sung as well as more traditional pieces such as When Christmas Comes To Town (from the movie The Polar Express) I Want A Hippopotomus for Christmas, Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer, Can I Interest You In Hannaukah? and Dominc The Donkey. Overall it was a very enjoyable performance and it truly showed the array of talent amont the people who are currently and used to be in Peacock Players. Congrats to all!
I just got home from seeing my sister in her dance team performance of The Jazzy Nutcracker. This performance was supposed to be December 20th but got postponed due to the ice storm and power outages that ensued. The Nutcracker has always been a holiday favorite of mine though I have only seen it performed one other time when Rachel Barker was the sugar plum fairy at The Palace Theatre in Manchester a couple years ago. Anyway I was very impressed by this performance I have seen my sister's dance team perform a couple other times but this was a different expereince from the other times I have seen her perform. There is so much talent among everyone who is on the dance team and in the dance company and I was really impressed by the whole entire show. I think my two favorite dances were The Waltz of The Flowers and Chinese Tea. Good job to all!
Quite a few actors in theatres from shows in my local area are up for nominations for New Hampshire Theatre Awards including one of my friends from high school Ashley Hughes who was nominated for a best actress role for her performance in Peter Pan at a theatre in Peterborough. Peacock Players are up for a few awards to for various they have done this year and so are Milford Area Players. That's very exciting. I kind of really want to go the awards ceremony to see who wins . Hopefully I can find a ride there.
I am looking very foward to doing publicity and props for the PTA's production of Peter Pan. It will be fun to get to work with other people in my community who are involved in theatre who I have not yet had the opportunity to work with. YAY!!
2009 Schedule for Theatre Show Viewing (updats fortcoming as i find out exact dates of shows)
February
2-5-2-15 Godspell @ Peacock Players
My boyfriend is taking me to see Little Shop of Horrors at the Palace Theatre for Valentines Day
March:
  • Weekend of 3-13-3-15 Going To New York to see Billy Elliot with my boyfriend
  • 3/20-3-29 Jungle Book Kids @ Peacock Players; Milford Area Players No Sex Please, We're Brittish
  • SHS's Musical Pirates of Penzance 3-27-3-29 My college's student directed one act plays are the same weekend.
April
  • Peter Pan is April 16-19th @ Souhegan High School for those who want to come see it. Ticket information will be forthcoming
  • My college's mainstage production do not know exact dates yet
  • SPRING AWAKENING TOUR comes to Boston April 24th-May 1st YAY!!

May:

  • RENT @ Peacock Players
  • My college dance department end of the year show (typically the week end before graduation do not know exact dates yet)
  • Evening of Dance @ Souhegan
Summer: Grease at Lakes Region Summer Theatre, Anything Goes at NLBP (hopefully) and one JI show at NLBP which I haven't decided on yet. I'm deciding between Really Rosie and High School Musical
Time for bed! Have to be well rested tomorrow for interviews I will be doing for my next article for the cabinet
Love
Janine

No comments:

Followers