About Me

My photo
Amherst, NH, United States
I am 25 years old and I live in NH. I have mild cerebal palsy but I have never let that affect me. I am very passionate about theatre and writing. For my professional theatre blog go to http://theatretechdiva.weebly.com

Friday, November 26, 2010

A brief update

A brief update.

To wrap up my 2010 viewing schedule I will be seeing Miracle on 34h Street at the Amato Center for The Performing Arts on December 10th and A Christmas Carol at Peacock Players on December 16th. My ongoing goal is to see shows at different theatres. This year I revisted a theatre in Maine The Arundel Barn Playhouse and saw Shout The Mod Musical. I also saw a summer show at Wellslely College. As 2011 approaches I plan on furthur expanding my theatre viewing to Wellslely and other Boston colleges as I plan to close a chapter in my theatre viewing career as I will stop going to see shows at NEC after this years seniors graduate. My professsor Wally Pineault is also retiring so they are having a party for him after the staged reading of his play Hotel La Putts on April 2nd. I am looking foward to this because I will most likely get to see a lot of my NEC theatre friends who I haven't seen since I graduated or those who were in the years ahead that have moved out of state. I also hope to see a show at Seacoast Rep and Prescott Park Arts Feestival in Portsmouth as well as Ogunquit Playhouse in Ogunquit Maine.

I don't know if I have talked about this in other entries but I am assiting my mother with work on a play based on her book Princess K.I.M And The Lie That Grew and it sequel Princess K,I.M. and Too Much Truth. We are meeting with Toby Tarnow on Monday to furthur discuss the play and what ideas we have for it. I think Andrew Cass and Joe Harris will be joining us too to discuss the music. I am very excited about the endeavor. :) The play will not be performed until 2012.

My sister came up with a spur on the moment idea to write a musical about the humorous things that have happened in my life. I do not exactly know about what will become of it but we were bouncing ideas off each other on Wednesday afternoon. She is thinking of calling it either Quirks or Social Cues. I personally like Social Cues better because it relates more to theate because the main storyline of the play is about how theatre has had an impact or influence on my life. An immediate idea that came to my mind was stuff that related to the Barn because a lot of humorous things came out of stuff that happened that summer. I can actually easily come up with songs for that if anything actually ever evovles out of that musical. At least my depression can pay off for something. :)

No comments:

Followers