About Me

My photo
Amherst, NH, United States
I am 25 years old and I live in NH. I have mild cerebal palsy but I have never let that affect me. I am very passionate about theatre and writing. For my professional theatre blog go to http://theatretechdiva.weebly.com

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Reviewing The Situation

So I have been thinking of auditioning for Interlakes Summer Theatre's summer season next summer. Of course the auditions aren't til the winter so I have a long time to prepare. The thing that actually makes me pretty nervous about potentially auditioning for STMV is I've seen the shows over the past four years so I can obviously tell what Nancy looks for in perfomers....and naturally lots of my friends from the Barn Playhouse have been cast in the shows so I'm kind of comparing myself to them (though I really know I shouldn't because that's dumb) I know that I don't have half the talent they have because they studied musical theatre in college. My acting resume is very limited but the reason why I'm going to audition to begin with is to hopefully gain more skills on stage... as much as I like working backstage I do need variety.


Of course I never gone to Straw Hat auditons before so I don't even know what to expect... that's what makes it the most exciting. Hopefully my friends who have done them before will be able to give me some good tips.



Update 9=10-11    I am thinking long and hard about auditioning for IST and honestly I am not too sure how  qualified  I even am for the audition. When I look at  the people who have worked for Nancy they have exetnsive resumes and have been in a lot of shows.  I have very limited acting experience  and  when  I match myself up against them I feel inferior. I mean  I would mostly do the audition for the experience because I obviously know what Nancy looks for in actors. I haven't definitley made a decision yet and won't make one until January but  I'm leaning toward sticking  to going to more local auditions so I can build up my resume and maybe take some voice lessons so  I can feel more confident about my singing.

No comments:

Followers