About Me

My photo
Amherst, NH, United States
I am 25 years old and I live in NH. I have mild cerebal palsy but I have never let that affect me. I am very passionate about theatre and writing. For my professional theatre blog go to http://theatretechdiva.weebly.com

Saturday, April 18, 2009

2 Days 2 Amazing Shows






Photo Courtesy of Erin Nicholson
The Cast of By The Bog of Cats
Joe Paredez,Alex Preston,Leanne Derosa, Lauren Dummich, Dominique Grant,Mallory Cook Fraser,Ian Allan, Cooper Bowman, Nate Hartley Bill O'Donnell








Upcoming Performances
BROADWAY REVIAL OF HAIR April 25th
Signals An Evening of Movement and Dance May 8th





48 hours 2 amazing theatre performances

1st off .... Peter Pan
Every year my town's PTA does a community theatre production. I've seen shows that the PTA has done since I first moved here though from 2006-2008 I took a brief break because I was busy with school. Favorite shows of mine that they've done in the past are Schoolhouse Rock Live (1998), A Chorus Line (1999), Annie (2004) and Sound of Music (2005) This year's PTA Play was Peter Pan. Peter Pan is one of my favorite Disney movies of all time though the play is based off of the movie version with Mary Martin in it. There is so much talent among everyone in the cast of that play including my sister who was one of the indian dancers and Ashley Hughes who had the lead role of Peter Pan. It was really quite an impressive show. The thing that impressed me the most was how they worked the aspect of flying into the show. Actually if you read the entry a couple days back that's the most article I wrote for the Cabinet you'll see how they create the illusion of flying. It was pretty neat. There were a lot of really good musical numbers including I Won't Grow Up, Tender Shepherd, Hook's Tarentella and Neverland. Congrats to everyone on a show well done!! Next year's PTA Play is Children Of Eden. I look very foward to hopefully helping out with props for that show!
Next By The Bog of Cats
This was my college's Department of Theatre's Mainstage Show. As I have said previously the talent among the underclassmen is amazing which is good because two really strong seniors Rachel Buck and Cooper Bowman are graduating this year. Clearly some big shows will have to be filled. I should know because I worked on shows with them. :D This play is a modernization of Medea which was a play written in ancient Greek times. The main character Hester Swane (Dominique Grant 12') is dealing with rejection and hiding a part of herself from other people that deals with witchcraft. Because of her dealings in witchcraft she is treated as an outcast by everyone who lives in her town. She tries to win her husband back but it not sucessful and is also waiting for her mother who has left her many years ago to return. She is also having a hard time dealing with the fact that her husband Cathrage Kilbride (Ian Allan 10) has left her for a younger woman named Caroline Cassidy (Alex Preston 12') I thought that The Catwoman (Lauren Duminich 12') brought a lot of humor to stage. While this play was a drama it certainly had particular moments in it that were funny.
Overall while the play was sad at the end I thought it was really good.
Congrats to the cast: Cooper Bowman Dominique Grant , Rachel Buck , Mallory Cook Fraser, Leanne Derosa ,Lauren Duminich Ian Allan , Alex Preston, Joe Paredez , Nate Hartley, Bill O'Donnell and Keri Racicot and the crew Alex Picard John Hanks Katie Sullivan, Peter Granucci and his awesome scene painting class, Janet Dare and Mary Corsetti, Chris Mitchel, Sarah Thiel, Elliot Greer and the set construction crew, Lighting Crew (Nate Hartley, Chris Mitchell, John Hanks,Jenn McMann, Katie Sullivan, Wally Pineault and Keri Racicot (double kudos for hair and make up and original music-she's just cool like that.) on an awesome show well done! YAY FOR NEC THEATRE I LOVE YOU GUYS!! :)




Time for bed! I'm quite exhausted!
Love
Janine



No comments:

Followers