About Me

My photo
Amherst, NH, United States
I am 25 years old and I live in NH. I have mild cerebal palsy but I have never let that affect me. I am very passionate about theatre and writing. For my professional theatre blog go to http://theatretechdiva.weebly.com

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Hello!

So   I have been really debating switching this blog back to blogger.   As much  as I have enjoyed blogger and how much easier the interface has been for me to use   I feel like   the entries will get more readership since they get DIRECTLY imported to the facebook fan page on this blog.   The other blog is more so linked to my personal faeebook  profile and since this blog is more professional I feel it is more important for this blog to be more connected to  the facebook page.

I have been living in Nashua for four months and  I ADORE IT!!  So much more of an active social scene then  in  Amherst/Milford.    The best thing about my apartment complex is that it so close to downtown.  I am literally  three minutes from the Court Street Theatre where I go to see Stagecoach Productions and Peacock Players shows. It's amazing!  Also this summer I saw a few  free concerts in Greely  Park which was a great change of pace.      

I am trying to get as involved in the Nashua Theatre Scene as I can between auditioning and volunteering at  the various  groups  in Nashua.  As people  know  I had two auditions in August but  did not get cast in either show.  I am so excited to help out with both shows.  I am  helping out with publicity for Pirates of Penzance with Stage Coach Productions and am doing sound design for  Annie with Actorsingers.  I am also hoping to volunteer for Peacock Players again.  I previously volunteered for them in 2008 helping with publicity for their fall show Once Upon A Mattress

Auditons?  Now there's a quandry!!   The PTA Play performances got pushed back to the beginning of May this year because of scheduling conflicts at SHS.   The spring show for Actorsingers  Curtains  has the exact same production schedule so  it's a matter of  choosing which show I want to audition for.    Trying out for both shows is one thing  but  I obviously won't be able to do both of them if I  get cast.  I mean based on my audition experience for Annie  I know what to expect and that Actorsingers  shows are diifficult to get into.   I can't totally rule out the PTA Play yet.. maybe it's because  I feel so at home with that group but   I think Curtains would be such a fun show to be in so  that leaves me in a  lurch.  Oh well, it's only September 19th so  I still have  8 months to decide.  I'll start freaking out about it more after Christmas when the actual auditions get closer.   Coming up in a few weeks I have an auditon for the holiday show at the Amato Center It's A Wonderful Life.  I am wicked excited for the auditon because  I haven't auditioned for a show at the Amato Center in 2 years.   Secondly    a lot of the PTA play people do these shows  so I am excited to be in a play with them.  It willl also be really cool to work with all the kids I have seen in the Riverbend Youth Company Shows.

Work on Princess K.I.M. The Musical is going to start picking up really soon which  I cannot wait for. We have a play reading workshop at my house on November 3rd and  I  can't wait for the direction  this show will go in...  I am especially excited to travel to Ohio in the spring to see it performed as  I have never been to Ohio. :)


Viewing Schedule for  Fall 2012
 
*= Tenative
October 6th  Milford Pumpkin Festival Talent Show
* October 11th or 13th  Come Back To the 5 and Dime  Jimmy Dean Jimmy Dean  Nashua Theatre  Guild
October 14th  Fiddler On The Roof  Manchester Community Theatre Players
October 28th Pirates of Penzance  Stagecoach Productions
* Miracle On 34th Street The Musical  Portland Players  Portland Maine   Show runs  November 30-Dec 16  Not sure when we  are going to see it  because the holidays tend  to be a super busy time of year.
 
 
 
PEOPLE BETTER COME SEE ANNIE AT ACTORSINGER November 9-11th.  It will be amazing! :P)
 



No comments:

Followers