About Me

My photo
Amherst, NH, United States
I am 25 years old and I live in NH. I have mild cerebal palsy but I have never let that affect me. I am very passionate about theatre and writing. For my professional theatre blog go to http://theatretechdiva.weebly.com

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Audition Summary

Had two audition  last week on the 12th and 13th.  Jumping in with both feeet to the Theatre scene in my  new hometown of Nashua.

Sunday night  I auditioned for  Annie with Actorsingers.  I knew going into the audition process that Actorsingers shows were hard to get into  but  I didn't let the knowledge of this stop me from choosing to audition.   I  was fighting with myself to audition for Grace Farrell and weather or not  it was a good idea to audition for a lead.   I knew that woul be a challenging thing for me but  I am always up for a challenge.  I ended up choosing to primarily  auditon for the ensemble and put Grace Farrell down as my second choice  knowing full well that my chances of getting cast  in that role  were pretty slim.   Overall the audition was pretty easy but  parts of the dance audition were kind of hard.  I openly admit  I am not a very strong dancer.. that could have been part of  the reason why  I wasn't cast because there are  quite  a few big dance numbers in Annie.   I'm still moderately diappointed   I didn't get in  but  I think those feelings will eventaully fade.  I am planning on helping out backstage in some capacity.
Monday I auditioned for  Pirates of Penzance with Stagecoach  Productions. Operetta is not my strong suit at all but  I am pretty open  ended to trying out new things.   Due to lack of familiarity with the show  I  auditioned for  Ensemble.   Overall i'd say it was  a good experience despite the fact I didn't get  cast. Based on my prior experience with auditioning for Gilbert and  Sullivan shows  (H.M.S. Pinafore senior year of high school) I know  this show was going to be a challenge to get into especially  since.... as I mentioned operetta is not my strong suit..

  I think my biggest regret about the Annie audition was  putting myself  under so much  preasssure to audition for Grace Farrell.   I knew way in the back of my mind that I wasn't going to get the part but  I figured why not audition for a lead anyway... you only live once!! :O)

No comments:

Followers