About Me

My photo
Amherst, NH, United States
I am 25 years old and I live in NH. I have mild cerebal palsy but I have never let that affect me. I am very passionate about theatre and writing. For my professional theatre blog go to http://theatretechdiva.weebly.com

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Murder and Mayhem to Shake Up Amato Center Stage


Help solve the mystery of

And Then There Were None

By Janine Leffler





Murder, mystery and mayhem will be unleashed on the Amato Center stage this October as Milford Area Players performs their fall production of the Agatha Christie mystery And Then There Were None, the novel on which the board game Clue is loosely based.

Conrad Koch makes his Milford Area Players debut as General John Gordon McKenzie.  He is impressed by how quickly the process of the show is progressing, “I am amazed how well the show matures. Several of the actors, after only three or four rehearsals, are "off book" making no mistakes as they recite their lines. I am impressed with the quality and the progress of our production. “  When asked about character development, Koch went on to say, “Although I am the correct age, with my being, arguably, of sound mind and able body, it is difficult for me to "get into his head".  I am looking forward to receiving critique from our director, Tom Partridge, and other cast members in order to play the part more convincingly.”

This is Kevin Linkroum’s first straight play, in which he plays the role of Captain Lombard. In the past he has mostly done musicals and did not have a lot of lines to memorize so at first he found memorizing his lines difficult. To overcome this challenge and make it less daunting he practices his lines on the train to and from his job in Boston and also practices blocking outside rehearsal with his wife Sophie who is also in the cast, playing Miss Vera Claythorne.  For Linkroum the most enjoyable part about the rehearsal process has been “interacting with the cast.  It's a great group and everyone is talented and a lot of fun.  I think we manage to get just the right balance of laughs and seriousness.”

Director Tom Partridge is excited about the performances and says it will be an enjoyable night out for local theatre goers.  “The story is one of the best known and most read Agatha Christie mysteries. I am sure anyone who has read the book will remember it; however I feel it is our job to make them wonder if they remember correctly. I am looking forward to getting on the stage and working with props and a full set complete with sound and lights.”

And Then There Were  None  will be performed at the Amato Center for the Performing Arts located at 56 Mount Vernon Street October 14th-23rd. Performances will be at 8pm on Fridays  and Saturdays and 2pm on Sundays Tickets are $12 for Adults and $8.00 for students and seniors.

No comments:

Followers