About Me

My photo
Amherst, NH, United States
I am 25 years old and I live in NH. I have mild cerebal palsy but I have never let that affect me. I am very passionate about theatre and writing. For my professional theatre blog go to http://theatretechdiva.weebly.com

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

My latest fan fiction

So I've had a major block for writing fan fiction for the longest time and I finally broke it the other day. In general I'm trying to move away from writing so many fan fictions about Little Shop of Horrors .. I linked my long standing reason for witing so many fan fictions about Little Shop to my issues with moving on from the Barn Playhouse because Little Shop was my favorite show that I teched while I worked at the Barn. I kind of avoided writing any new fan fictions based on Little Shop or completing unfinished fics based on Little Shop as I worked through my struggles with moving away from the Barn. Every time I would write a new Little Shop fiction I say it's going to be my last one but then I always end up writing a new one. I am hoping that being in Music Man will inspire some new fan fiction ideas.. we'll see what happenes with that, I blame my general lack of fan fiction writing on being too busy with work and the holidays and not having enough time in general to myself to sit down and write..

So anyway this is my latest fan fiction... it is inspired by the scene in the musical that takes place after The Meek Shall Inherit is sung. The thing that always intrigud me so about Seymour's character is how he seems to be secretive about his true emotions toward the plant (as in not being able to admit to people that's it's dangerous but goes on with letting the fame get the best of him) I am not quite sure where I should go next with this fic so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.




Defeating Evil
A Little Shop of Horrors Fan Fiction
Inspired by the scene in the musical immediately following the song The Meek Shall Inherit
Disclaimer: I don't own rights to any Little Shop of Horrors characters.
Chapter 1 The Confession
"Feed Me." Audrey II demanded
Seymour sent a frusturated glance at the monstrosity of a plant " Can't you see I'm busy?"
"Feed Me now!"
Seymour threw down his pen in annoyance "You know what, I'm sick of your demands. Don't you care about how I feel?"
"No , not really. Bring on the meat!"
Ever since two days prior when Audrey II had devoured Mr. Mushnik The plant had been even more demanding of another meal. Seymour on the other hand was anxious that the plant's evil ways would be discovered by the media sooner or later and then the store which he was to keep running would go into bankruptcy.
"Well, I'm sorry I can't feed you right now. I'm working on this speech for the college tour on plant care."
"Feed me now KRELBORNE!"
Seymour was beginning to get more frusturated " NO NO NO!"
At that moment Audrey walked in the door.
"Seymour, what's the matter?"
Seymour knew he couldn't cover up this situation for very much longer but he decided to lie for the time being. "Nothing, just stressed about writing this speech that's all."
"You sounded like you were talking to someone." Audrey said looking confused.
"Nope, just thinking out loud."
Seymour looked at Audrey and could see that she did not look convinced.
'I might as well tell her." He thought to himself.
"Audrey, if I told you I did something really horrible would you still like me?"
"I'd still love ya, Seymour."
"Even if had to do with Orin's death?"
Audrey looked at her co-worker and closest male friend on Skid Row. " What else have you found out about Orin's death?"
Seymour had tears in his eyes, Audrey had never seen him cry before.
"Seymour what's wrong?"
"Feed Me!" Audrey II demanded once again
"Who said that ?" Audrey asked. She hadn't even noticed that anyone else was in the room with them.
Seymour pointed a shaky finger at Audrey II. " That is what's wrong." He said
"What? What could possibly be wrong with Audrey II? What does this have to do with Orin?"
Seymour started to sweat profusely. 'She's never believe me.' He thought to himself nervously.
"Audrey, the Audrey II is what is responsible for Orin's death and also Mr. Mushnik's"
Audrey had a look on her face that clearly said "What the fuck?." She remained silent for about five minutes then spoke.
"That's crazy Seymour, Audrey II is a plant. Plants don't eat humans."
"That's what I thought too… In the beginning."
"Are you saying that Audrey II isn't a normal plant?"
"Far from normal."
"So you're saying you killed Orin and fed him to the plant?"
"That's where you're wrong. I actually tried to save Orin's life."
"How?"
"Well, the pressure gauge got stuck on his gas mask when he was giving me my dental exam. He walked around all disoreniented and I tried to help him fix the button. It was too late by the tame I got to him. He had already inhaled too much gas and had lost concioussness."
"Did you try CPR?"
"Yes, it didn't work. He committed suicide."
"So where does Audrey II fit into all this?"
"Well as I just said, Audrey Two eats human flesh. I didn't want to leave the body at the dentist office because I was afraid it would be hours before the police found it. I brought it to the alley behind the store, chopped him up and fed him to the plant bit by bit."
Audrey was silent once again.
"Audrey, say something….. please?"
"Are you 100% sure you're telling the truth and not making this up for more publicity?"
"Yes, Audrey. I'm telling the truth."
Audrey felt a little bit better that she now knew how Orin died but she couldn't exactly stomach the fact that Audrey II ate human flesh.
"So is that what's making you so crazy? Audrey asked.
"Yes. This publicity is coming to me for all the wrong reasons. I can't deal with it anymore. It's too much pressure."
"Feed ME!" the angry plant demanded.
Seymour broke down in hysterical tears and Audrey wrapped her arms around him comfortingly.
" Seymour, please don't cry. I can't stand to see you so upset like this."
"Oh, Audrey this is the biggest mess I've ever gotten into. What should we do?
"It's quite simple really. All we need to do is figure out some way to kill the plant."
"How do you suggest we do that?"
Audrey thought about this long and hard.
" I don't know but what I do know is that I hate how this is making you so upset."
"Can we work together to figure something out?"
"Sure, if you want we can get Crystal Chiffon and Ronette to help us too."
"Great idea!" Seymour said , a smile breaking through his tears.
Audrey kissed Seymour softly on the cheek. "Don't worry. We'll figure out something."

No comments:

Followers