About Me

My photo
Amherst, NH, United States
I am 25 years old and I live in NH. I have mild cerebal palsy but I have never let that affect me. I am very passionate about theatre and writing. For my professional theatre blog go to http://theatretechdiva.weebly.com

Friday, January 28, 2011

Livejournal Crossover- Writer's Block Never Again

Today's Livejournal Writer's Block Question: What movie did you watch over and over again as a child that you can't stand watching today?

This is a very interesting question to be asked. There aren't very many movies from my childhood that can fit this category. Many of those movies will remain timeless to me and I still enjoy them today. Aladdin, Lion King and Beauty and The Beast being my top favorites, It is when these Disney movies keeping maing sequel after sequel that annoys the shit out of. I don't know if Beauty and The Beast has come out with any but I know that Lion King and Aladdin did and I didn't care much for them at all. Also when musicals makesequels they tend to be horrible. Grease 2 comes to mind here. The animated holiday specials get on my nerves sometimes too but only certain ones.... not all of them. I can watch those in limited quanities which I was I tend NOT to watch them on ABC Family when they are on during the 25 Days of Christmas Marathon. They just get obnoxious about being on so many times. However there are several movies from recent memory that can fit this category

  • Dude Where's My Car?
  • Napoleon Dynamite
  • Austin Powers series
  • Spice World
  • High School musical series I only saw the first one and half the second and then I totally stopeed watching.. mostly because I found the music less than tolerable to listen to.
  • Titanic It's not that this movie is bad... it's actually really good... just way too long. I am the same way with The Sound of Music
  • Certain movies they play over and over again on Disney Channel and ABC movie. Some movies shown on these channels are really good and some are less than tolerable. It mainly depends on what is being shown
With certain movies it's the opposite... I may have hated them as a child but as I got older gained better appreciation for them


  • Nightmare Before Christmas
  • Wizard of Oz

Interested to see what other people respond to this. Feel free to post on your own blogs.

No comments:

Followers